Bass dropouts.... hmm

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by Eleu, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Man, so i noticed yesterday my HK is cutting out, it seems to run fine when the seat is down... but then the seat goes up, after about 2-3 good hits it protects... i have no idea what thats about... iam assuming something is loose? iama pull it out this weekend (well my weekend mon-fri) if iam not doing the girlies security system. any thoughts in the mean time?

PS i checked power ground and remote, to see if they were snagging or loose, neither...

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

dont forget speaker wire

3. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Ya no they are really secure. iam anxious to pull it out and get down to it...

4. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

HOLYSH!T i made it home!! lol, so after work i was finishing a cig when i figured hell i got about 5 mins till i can drive this rig might as well look at the amp, unhooked everything, rehooked it up worked beautifully, then after the smoke and on the way home i started smelling plastic so i turn the amp off, and once i get to a stoplight turn around, and sure as sh... hell the ground is melteing, the shrink wrap is completly melted and spitting flames (granted little ones) i oput out the minor blaze that almost took out me whole car ;) and took a look when i got home, sure as hell the ground just heated up like crazy... any ideas? (no damage to the amp though oddly enough... i mean there's obviously internal damage, but no damage to the outside)

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

It means that there is a problem with the ground. For some reason, its become resistive.

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

resolder your ground... And make sure it is REALLY tight.

7. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Ya thats what i figured, but that means that internally something has blown or fused, because nothing externally has changed... so iam wondering if i over drove the amp, and wound up fusing something on the board, iama try and get some technical schems of the amp, i doubt MA will let me have one though....