Bass Cutting in and out randomly

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by cardude280, Aug 22, 2008.

1. cardude280

cardude280 New Member

Here is what i have a 300 watt(at 4omhs) alpine amp and 2 Rockford fosgate p1 12in subwoofers (4omhs 150watt rms a peice) hooked to the stock head unit. All my connections seem good but the bass keeps cutting out :confused: and i believe its heat and i just want to know if theres a good way to tell and if it is if theres a good way to cool down my amp.

Thanks for any help
    Chad :)

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Where is the amp mounted? If its in an area that does not have a lot of airflow it may very well be heat related. Try touching the heatsink of the amp when it is cutting out and see how hot it is to the touch.

3. cardude280

cardude280 New Member

well its in the trunk mounted on the side of the sub box and it is getting pretty warm and yeah theres no airflow well except for what the sub's are moving. :(
    So i guess my next question is what is the best way to cool it without mounting it inside the car

and is there any chance that its my battery going dead

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

is your amp a stereo amp or mono? also how are your subs wired?

5. cardude280

cardude280 New Member

i feel kinda stupid now what it was is my amp has basicly a line level converter(i think is what its called) built in and when we wire it in to the rear speakers we only had three of the right connectors so we had to rig up the last one to work and it was vibrating in and out of connection but i just have to fix that and i'm good

oh and its a mono amp

sorry if i wasted anyones time

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

not a waste at all for me. i love a good challenge. lol