Axxess adct2 converter?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by milesmac, Jul 9, 2011.

1. milesmac

milesmac New Member

Hey guys, please dont roast me for my noobness. I have a 2002 Acura RSX Type-S. Anyways, I bought one of these converters at best buy so I could hook up my new amp and sub. I installed everything and it worked for a couple days until it just stopped working out of nowhere. When it was working every time I ejected the cd or turned of the stock deck manually the sub would make a loud deep bass that didn't sound very good until I put music back on or shut the car off. Finally the whole thing stopped working. The amp still turns on but that's it. All connections are fine. I have the converter tapped into the rear speakers. I left the remote unhooked because I was told that I didn't need it. White and gray connected to speakers and yellow to power at amp.

Here is how I wired my sub:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/168/singledvc2ohmto1ohm7rq.jpg/sr=1

The subwoofer is an RE Audio SEX10D2 and the amp is a RE AUDIO DTS1000.1.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated guys!!!

2. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

did u have it grounded good?? and if u didnt hook up the remote turn on then how was that amp knowing when to turn on and off??

3. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

also when u push in on the sub is it locked up tight? or does it make and scratching sounds or sound like its catching at all?