aux inputs

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by getmoney420, Aug 31, 2006.

1. getmoney420

getmoney420 Full Member

im new to car audio & it seems that everytime i understand something, a whole new "something" comes along......i have a jvc kameleon & it only has 1 set of outputs, well, i have an amp to hook it up to, but i also have ipod rca's, im buying door speakers (would ground loop's be recommended?) etc. so my question is that do i need a new head unit (w/more outputs) or is there something else i can do cuz more aux's means more $$$... any ideas???

2. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

well if your gonna hook a ipod to the head unit your HU is gonna need inputs so the sound goes in your radio and out your speakers, but i dont think you would need a ground loop to setup door speakers if your just replacing factory speakers,but some sound gear companys have ipod face plates for head units,and it will problably run you about 50 to 75 dollars

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I have a sony head unit with three sets of outputs and one aux input...wanna buy it??? cant remember the model number but i'll post it up later...its in the garage right now...and I'm lazy

4. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

lol i prob have the same hu!
    plays little mini movies on the screen?

5. weird22person

weird22person Full Member

Isnt the whole reason behind the flashy stuff to cover for the fact that sony sucks?

6. CadillacETC1997

lol sony hus actually are pretty good to be honest
    their speaks amps and subs BLOW

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nah its doesn't play any lil movies...I forget but like car audio mag reviewed it a couple years ago...its an older model but only used for about 6 months...then just stored in a box after that

8. getmoney420

getmoney420 Full Member

9. getmoney420

getmoney420 Full Member

let me kno the model #, then we'll talk

10. CadillacETC1997

hey mines for sale too and mines sooo much better than his haha seriously tho it is

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Sony CDX-M800

12. getmoney420

getmoney420 Full Member

got any pics of it, i'll trade w/cash if its in great working condition

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'll get pics up later this week...busy with school and gotta borrow my g/f's digital camera...works perfectly...only thing is that I'm missing the remote but I'm ordering another one later this week also

14. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

dont know wjy you need a new head unit.

you have an aux. input. outputs for an amp, why do you think you need more?????????????

15. getmoney420

getmoney420 Full Member

how much?

xactly,1 amp. i'm getting another amp for the doors & outputs for the ipod

edit: i'd sell my hu for 100 bucks (w/o s&h) it works great, bought it july. it was refurbished w/90 warranty to ensure quality & functionality

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well...without the remote...$125 without shipping and that crap.