Audiopipe subs...

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by DuttyMaster665, Aug 10, 2009.

1. DuttyMaster665

DuttyMaster665 Full Member

are they any good ? they are pretty cheap, and seem to be pretty decent from some of the reviews i've read... i'm looking to buy some subs with in the next 2 weeks or so... i think i'm done looking into audiobahn subs... my eye's have been more on hifonics and elemental designs... but if audiopipes are any good or atleast better then audiobahn, imma prolly get those... so let me know your opinion on these subs, and again thanks for the help

2. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

anything is better than audiobahn! ;) Whats your budget? im sure we can help you find something better than the audiopipes. I haven't personally owned audiopipes, but i know people who have and i didn't like the way they sounded. ED was your best option for the ones you listed IMO.

3. DuttyMaster665

i don't really have a budget, the less i pay the better, haha...but if i had to put a set amount, id be willing to spend 600-700 for an entire system... other guys from here told me about the hifonics and the elemental designs subs... so i'm looking at those. then i read about audiopipes, and i seen that they were givin good reviews. they are not that expensive either on ebay. 250 for 2 15" subs... 1000rms each sub(so they say) and i heard they r really good SPL subs. i'm not trying to enter any competitions or anything, i just want it to hit a little harder then my 15" audiobahn that i used to have. any help though would be appreciated

4. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

ok, either of these will make your audiobahns look like 10s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR...90077348742QQptZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-MEMPHIS-PR15S...ures?hash=item1c0b7ebbb6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The kickers will get super loud, but aren't that great for SQ, but the memphis are overall great subs. They get loud and do it cleanly. Cadence, and Clarion make great amps, the old school planet audio amps are solid as well as the older autoteks. Are u planning on building the box yourself?

5. DuttyMaster665

cool, imma check those subs out and whatever sub i chose, i'm going to get 2 of them...i dont really care about a sub with sound quality, mosly SPL because imma just get some inside speakers, turn the bass down on those so i can hear the lyrics put of them... idk about building a box tho... i might try, i'm afraid that if i attempt to build a box, it's gonna come out messed up.

6. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

man i thought the same thing, but if you take your time with it, and really put some effort into it, you will be really satisfied with the outcome, and you will definitely have alot of pride in it, especially if it slams!! ;) i build all my own stuff and im 18, i just finished one for my single cab truck, put in three kicker comp 10s in a custom sealed box and it crushes for spl, not sq tho, but thats what you get out of kickers! lol

[​IMG]

just takes time. But there are a couple of guys on this forum that can help you design a box that will work extremely well. Its worth a shot. It will save you a lot of money! so what about an amp? Are ya lookin at anything yet?

7. DuttyMaster665

damn... that's a nice box... i guess i can attempt to try. just seems a lil confusing. as far as amps, i was lookin at some hifonics amps. i dont really know much about amps tho... i'm just goin off of what people say, and tryin to pick the best one with a decent price

8. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

uhm, im not familiar with those subs, so i really couldn't tell you. Hifonics are a good choice, the only think i have to say about those are that they have a high failure rate, so if you buy one, make sure that you have a good warranty on it.

thanks on the box btw.

9. DuttyMaster665

u r welcome... what kind of car do u have those in ?

hifonics has a high failure rate ? if so, then i'm not gonna get em... the kickers u showed me seem to be a good choice... 250 for the pair... so i guess it's out of the kickers, the EDs, or the Audiopipes. when i read the reviews, they said quality sub with a good price... so i'm kinda leaning towards those... if i get them and they arent what i want, i'll just sell them to someone around the neighborhood, but they prolly hit way harder then that audiobahn i used to have...

10. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

im sorry, i was talking about the hifonics amplifiers, not the subs. I drive a 94F150, single cab.

[​IMG]

11. DuttyMaster665

oh, ok... it's cool... nice truck tho. i'm not usually into pick ups, but your's is pretty nice. what type of head unit are u using ?

i'm goin to make a choice on the subs within the next 2 weeks, so i will keep u updated. i'm trying to buy a 98 expedition to put them in, but i have a feeling it's gonna be sold by the time i go to buy it. i might end up getting a cherokee laredo, or an explorer if it's sold, or imma try to find another expedition for around the same price.

12. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

im using a Dual XDVD8181 flip out, with a 7" touch screen, im running a clarion 7 band equalizer, autotek 4 channel, autotek monoblock for the subs, rockford fosgate 4 gauge amp kit, 6.5 infinity door speakers, 6x8 infinity speakers for the rear, and 6 tweeters.

i would love to get my hands on something where i could actually have some airspace to do something with! haha..

13. DuttyMaster665

Yeah man, I hear that... I need somethin big so I can add my stuff in, and still be able to put bags and stuff in the car. I was thinkin about gettin a 2000 lincoln Ls. Somebody in my neighborhood is sellin it for 3500. It comes with 20" rims too... that's one of my favorite cars, but I like suvs... they make me feel like a boss, haha. As far as head units, I'm lookin at this pioneer avh-p4100. 7" double din. They sell em on ebay from around 400-500 bucks

14. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

yeah..mine was about 600 in the store, there are alot better ones out there than mine, ive had mine for 2 years and i didn't know much back then. Have u seen the JVC el kameleon yet? its at crutchfield.com, i really want that! its freakin nice!

15. DuttyMaster665

Nah, I haven't seen it... I'm gonna check it out tho, cause I'm lookin for a head unit too

16. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

been gone all weekend. i just saw this.

ive heard audiopipe subs in action before and from what ive heard they sounded pretty ok. this was in a wall tuned low and hit hard and deep.

at one time i was looking at their 8's.

17. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

but as far as spl, which he is looking for, wouldn't you think that there would be a louder sub for the price? like the cvr's? but like i said, ive never heard them before, and i take your word for it! lol, your much more reputable on here than me! haha ^_^

18. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

as far as spl go's, most subs in the right box can get loud.

i went to my local pawn shop today looking for any good old school finds and they had 2 black 15's in a ported box for 150 bucks.

for the money thats a deal.

19. 94f150

94f150 Full Member

u don't know what kind they were? just old black 15s? haha