Audiobahn Awt34 Subwoofer

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by geolemon, Nov 29, 2004.

1. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Yes, it's true.

I was lucky enough to design an enclosure for a 34" subwoofer, and commission it to be built completely out of 1" thick plexiglass, and plexiglass mirror, by a plastics fabricator.

Before you ask yourself why I didn't assemble it myself - first off, getting plexi cement joint bonds to be perfect is a tough task in itself (the plastic actually welds itself together). It's made significantly more difficult with such heavy panels - this enclosure, all by itself, weighs over 300 pounds. :blink:

Add to that a subwoofer that itself weighs over 250 pounds (took three people to lift it into the enclosure), and you've got a hefty little package here.

Box dimensions are pretty simple...
    4 feet wide, 3 feet high, 2 feet deep.
    As tall as the sub's diameter, wide enough to still fit in a full-size SUV, and as deep as is needed to accomplish the needed 21 cu.ft. inside.
    ...and don't even think ported, with this sub - EBP works out to only something like 22 as well. :p

Anyway... other details are on the website I put together:

http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/AWT34

...and in addition to the pics, and excursion shot that isn't too terrible - I took an excursion video.
    Bear in mind the sub is operating on something less than 1000w there - out of it's 5000w rating.

And - it doesn't even sound half bad - makes me want one! :ss:

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I have 2 words for you

wall socket

:p :p :D :D :D :D

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Honest to god -
    Already did that, before we had it hooked up to the display.

60hz isn't nearly as impressive as 20-30hz is, on less power even.
    B)

4. texcon

texcon Full Member

That is utterly rediculous