Arc Audio or JL audio

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by JPG, Jul 4, 2010.

1. JPG

JPG Full Member

I got a 12" W7 JL audio and am currently only giving it 700 watts with a kicker amp.

I want to get a 1000.1 for it but not sure if I should get the JL 1000.1 slash or the Arc audio ks 1000.1

Help me decide I am going to buy it next week.
    Thanks!!!

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I dont think you could go wrong with either one. But i really like ARC Audio. The JL uses class D and the ARC uses class H, which is more efficient than D class, so that means it will make more power and ask for less voltage from your car. The ARC has fan cooling and code based flash diagnostics, but of course the JL has R.I.P.S tecnology which is cool. elemental designs had their nine.1 (1200 watts@1ohm) for 250 dollars, very nice amp for a nice price, ill go check and see if they are still on sale.

3. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

yes still on sale for 250.00 dollars 1200 watts @ 1 ohm, and they are built very well. Compared to the prices of the JL and ARC your will save a HUGE amount of $$$$$ and get more power. Check it out on www.elementaldesigns.com, its the nine.1 amplifier. But if i had to choose one of the other 2 brands id take the ARC in a second.

4. JPG

JPG Full Member

thanks alot arc it is!

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you would spend 2X more for an amp that does 200 watts less? and is rated at 14.4 volts to get 1000 watts?

the ED amps are rated at 12.5v and will do more at 14+ volts.

im not knocking your choice or the brand, but the price difference made my choice that much easier when i was looking for a larger sub amp.

6. JPG

JPG Full Member

I already have the arc 300.4 powering my krx2 focals so getting the arc 1000.1 would be all mental matching as well.

Now that I am here I will ask. why the **** dont my focals sound good. I am pist.

7. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Ok I remember you now, did you check how you have your filters set on the amp, they should be on FP or FR, I was thinking maybe you had it set for HP cause you were saying that the tweeter is really the only thing working.

8. JPG

JPG Full Member

No I have not checked the filters on the amp. Let me go do so now.

9. JPG

JPG Full Member

I didnt see a FP or FR setting??? Am I blind. arc 300.4 right.

these focals sound horible. I bet I can get best buys best 6 1/2 and blow these away

10. pedro quiroga

ahhh.. ok i know what you mean. i have two matching amps as well, and one mismatched one (hidden) of course. no need to throw off the look. lol.

not sure about why your speakers sound bad.

11. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

the controls are on the side of the amp where the rca's connect to the amp, far left is low pass, center is high pass and far right is full pass. Set them to full pass and then play around with the setting for the xover maybe around 80 to 100 hrtz. You have really nice speakers and a good solid amp, something is just not set right.

12. JPG

JPG Full Member

Thanks a lot I will give it a shot tomorrow.

What I realized is I might have not broken in the speakers properly because I had the SRS wow setting playing to much on the tweeters because the 6.1/2's sounded foggy dirty. I said hell with it and left that off for a day now and I think they are getting broken in and sounding a lot better. Tomorrow I will check those settings and let you know how it rocks. I think its getting better.

Thanks!

13. pedro quiroga

you cant set the amps crossover if the amp is set to full pass. it has to be switched to hi-pass.

turn off all sound enhancing settings on your head unit. those can lead to distortion.

turn of the loudness, BBE, and what ever else your head might have.

are you getting ANY sound out of the mids at all?

14. JPG

JPG Full Member

The mids sound bad. The guys that installed it sell focals and dont even have a answer to why it sounds so bad. The voice doesnt that good and the beats as well. Not even thumping as hard or as nice as the stock bose that were in there. The tweets are great but the mids just suck. I have to take it to someone who knows there ****.

If i turn the amp to full the speakers move way to much and it sounds bad. Doesnt seem to be a good idea.

15. JPG

JPG Full Member

Thanks all for helping me here much appreciated!!!

16. JPG

JPG Full Member

im getting somewhere. just went to mcD's at 2am and bumped it with settings off. sounded cleaner. Your right I have to bump it stock and allow the speakers to break in.

17. pedro quiroga

what does "bump it stock"mean? set your amp to HP and set the crossover to like 100 HZ or higher if they cant play loud mid bass.