Arc 125.2 Mini Amp

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by officer dave, May 17, 2011.

1. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

Can anyone please give me some information on this amp. Is it as good as claimed to be? I have 4 Polk Audio MM 521 speakers and a JVC top line head unit. Space is a concern as it is for a motorcycle. Thanks in advance

2. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

Any help on this please

3. vincenzo

vincenzo Full Member

I haven't used that amp, but there are some good reviews of it around.

It seems it will easily handle two of your speakers, but if you connect all four, in two paralleled pairs = 2channels x 2ohm loads, then the sound quality/THD will suffer a bit, and if you hook up all four in two series pairs = 2 channels x 8ohm loads, then you will have noticeably less volume, but probably still loud enough, and a bit higher sound quality.

I'd just use two speakers in small sealed fiberglass/plastic enclosures, and cut out some bass using the head unit or amp if necessary.

4. tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes New Member

Its a good amp. Nikola design from ubuy. Class g/h. Same as the elf audio mini, vibe litebox and eton amps. Ubuy makes amps for all of them.

5. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

Will this amp run all 4 speakers ok?

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  6. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

Thanks for the info. I am running 4 Polk Audio MM 521 speakers and a JVC KD R 720 deck in my motorcycle fairing. Which of the amps would give me the best loud clean sound. Arc Audio 125.2 Elf Audio mini the Vibe Audio mini or the Bazooka. I wish I was more experianced in this area but I have no idea what so ever.

7. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

If I was to run the Arc Audio 125.2 mini amp which is 2 channel and wire the 4 polk Audio speakers in series would this work well? The speakers are 90w rms

8. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

hmmm...dont know much about the amp, but if it is 2 ohm stable, then i would parallel the speakers as opposd to series. this will yield more power from the amp

9. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

Arc claims the 125.2 mini amp to be stable at 2 Ohms. A person told me to run the speakers in series because if I was to wire them parallel it would go below the amp's impedance limit???????? I have no idea what that means. This is some of the numbers on the amp 2ohms2 x 125watts, signal to noise 92db, THD .05%, FREQUENCY RANGE 20k-20KHz, crossover butterworth 5Hz-550Hz

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. TheViking

run the speakers in parallel...you will be fine

11. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

The speakers nominal impedance are 2.7 ohms and the Arc 125.2 mini amp is stable at 2 ohms. can you explain the proper way for me to wire this up as I really have no idea. I have been told if I was to wire it incorrectly the amp could burn up the output??? My wife has purchased the same fairing and has 1 set of Polk MM 521 and 1 set of Energy speakers which are 4 ohms and 80 watts rms same head deck and wants the same amp can you guys please advise me how to wire that as well, as of right now she has no amp but will be getting the same Arc 125.2 mini amp. Thanks again to all for helping a rookie. Mine is the red hers is the black.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  12. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

1. did you know that those amps will power the speakers in stereo, so 2 of your left speakers will be powered from left channel and 2 of your right speakers will be powered from your right channels. I'm asking not because there's anything wrong with that, considering its a bike, you don't need rear fill like in cars, I'm just informing you about the setup. additionally you need to wire the speakers in series if you want to power all 4 spk from the amp. that's because your spkrs are 2.7 ohms, and if you wire it in parallel you will go below the amp's lower impedance limit.

This is what has been told to me by another person does anyone agree with this or is it not right. Also have been suggested that I get the Massive Audio NX2 for my wifes bike.

13. TheViking

Whoops.....my bad officer....I was assuming the speakers were 4 ohm each which is typical in most applications of this type. Series would be better.....BUT, beins how those speakers will produce no real usable bass in that enviorment, If it were MY set up...i would run them parallel and keep the bass knob turned down a bit. This is where most amps run into trouble, the low frequencies are what demand all the current....But do so at your own risk......

14. TheViking

By the way....nice bikes....

15. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

Thank you very kindly. I may just go with a 4 channel amp for my wifes bike that would make it easier. As for mine its a little late as I have already ordererd the amp. Oh well. Thanks for any help guys very much appreciated. By the way legally armed citizens are nice to have wish that was the case here in Canada

16. TheViking

Canada...the anti gun country...Move to illinois, same thing! LOL! Yes, It is nice to be able to carry either concealed or openly in this state...and i exercise that god given right right everyday...

Another thing, what kind of amperage does the alternator, or generator, put out on those bikes?

17. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

I had the stators pumped up to put out the maximum amount of power possible and had the regulators up graded as well. By the way what is your personl preferance to carry. Our duty sidearms up here are S&W MP 40

18. TheViking

40.......yep thats what i carry. In the brand of taurus and smith, and both for open and concealed carry.. I truely wish canduh would realize the importance of an armed citizen.....but guns kill dont they? LOL!

The stators are maxed...still watch your voltage...

19. officer dave

officer dave Full Member

For sure. The Taurus is a nice piece. Are you using a 180 or 155 grain JHP? Also have you any knowledge of the massive Audio NX2 amp or the Pyle PLMRA 400 or the Bazooka CSA-4 XA-MC amp?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  20. TheViking

I use the 180 JHP's. typically very accurate out to 50 feet and beyond....

Sorry Dave, I know nothing of those amps...but i would probably stay away from the Pyle...Over the years they have been a poor performer and even a worse long term investment.