Amplifier Help

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by um_assault, Jan 19, 2010.

1. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

Ok i have a Power Acoustic Mono Block Class D amp that pushes 600W RMS. The bass boost remote that i have next to my seat has a led light on the end of it so i know if its on the amp should be on as well. The Amp its self also sits the in trunk and has a led light on top of it as well as one that tells you the amp is receiving power and shows green when it is.

The problem: I recently noticed yesterday that those lights are not turning off when i take the key out of the ignition. But usually when i leave the car off and listen to music it takes less then twenty minutes for the amp to kill my battery. When i turn the car off the amps' lights are suppose to go off as well. I figured maybe it had somthing to do with the blue Rem wire so i took that out and it still was drawing power.
    So there should be somthing that is just wrong with the amp.
    Any way to fix this or do i need to just buy a new one?

2. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

please anyone just give it a wild shot before i buy a new one lol

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

check all of your wiring. it sounds like maybe your remote wire might be touching a power wire somewhere...just a wild guess lol

4. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

where do you have the remote wire attached for the power?
    and it does sound like maybe the power wire could be touching the remote input on the amp..

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

have you tried cutting the power all together to the amp? pull the fuse then repower it up. see if it still powers up and plays even with out the remote wire hooked to the amp.

one of my PG amps did this once, it was weird. all i did was power it all down and re connect it all. that fixed it.

if it does then the relay inside is no good. i would believe its a simple repair.

6. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

ok well i powered everything down and reconnected it and it still played even with the rem wire not connected. and those led lights still stay on as long as the battery is connected to it. but its not connected before i turn off the car the lights wont come on. i have to have the powered hooked up before i turn off the car or else they wont come on and stay on until i did so.
    but it works fine and everything

7. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

how do you replace the relay? sorry took me so long to go out there and mess with it lol clemson likes me give me a lot of homework

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

take it to a repair shop is all i can recommend.

9. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

can anyone help me find someone that does good work to fix my amp? cause i am having trouble finding someone.

10. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

one last thing, make sure your red/power wire is connected straight to your battery. if you have it connected somewhere else that could be a relay switch and keeping constant power while your amp is posed to be off. Just check all your connections real good/mabye find someone to let you borrow a amp to see if there amp works on it and if not I guess it would be something in your amp. At one time I remembered someone who worked on amps but I cant remember the name. EXOcontralto off of youtube had some mod's done to his diablo amp so mabye he would know.

11. um_assault

um_assault Full Member

yea i have an old amp and it works just fine its just not big enough to push the subs like one would like =)
    ok ill check him out.

thanks