Amp Rack pics

Discussion in 'Pictures and funny Stuff.' started by cccullen, Aug 2, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

well, i finally finished the portion where my amps go. I didn't bother taking pics of the amps without the cover on it. i'll do that tonight.

I still have to flip over one of the elemental designs emblems on my nine.1. I'll take care of that later. my fingers are killing me now cuz i put the holes for the wires to got through too close to the amps so i had a hard time doing the wiring...lol

tell me what you all think. I know it's not perfect but i think it looks pretty good...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

That looks good bro. Im gona do something like soon when i get a system i no im gona keep for a while. You gona put some leds in it and light it up?

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Incredible work, looks really good.

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Thanks all. still have some uneven edges to work out but it's coming along...

I'm still thinking about putting some lights in there. my wife isn't too big on the idea but I think it would look nice... suggestions?

5. liftedranger08

I think blue leds would be sweet since your box is covered in black. Maybe put 1 on the inside of each cut out for the amp to light the amps up.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's an idea. I'm going to look into that. I have to find out if they sell LED lights like that here. lol

7. liftedranger08

How much room did you leave for the amps to get get air?

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

looks real nice.

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks Pedro...

liftedranger - the amps have a lot of breathing room back there so i didn't need any fans. there's about 4 inches space between the amps and the back seat. also behind the cover they have a lot of breathing room on top, bottom and on the sides..

I'll take a picture of it without the cover on it so you can see. I'm a bit embarrased by the wiring though. it is clean but the wires have to twist a little funny so i could get them into the amps... I'll have pics of it in a bit.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

without the cover on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

That looks really good man, but I would definitely go with some blue LEDS.

12. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

sweet amp rack ccullen, looks like you were being pretty productive on sunday lol

13. danracer

danracer Full Member

nice rack cc

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks!!! I finally got off my butt i did it. I didn't however build the rack. I just upholstered it and i did the wiring.

I still got to save a little to put LED's or neons. I'm broke now. lol

15. pedro quiroga

dude led's are cheap as hell. not sure if their sold there locally.got any radio shacks there?

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

nah, we don't have any radio shacks here. how much are they there? I know here they'd cost about $20 a pop. I just spent a lot on speakers and i can't get the return on my money until they are here. so i have to wait now. lol

17. pedro quiroga

led's are like a few cents a piece.

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

times like these, i wish i lived there in the U.S.

I have plenty of time to do it though. I'm in no rush. :)

I noticed that you're not into lights at all Pedro... Any reason why?

19. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

looks real nice and clean!

20. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

thanks jonny