alpine type x component HELP PLS!

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by alpine falcon, Apr 12, 2011.

1. alpine falcon

alpine falcon New Member

Hi guys

I have just purchased a set of Alpin type x pro components. I have looked at them and read the manual and it has absoluely no info on the "Bi amping" idea. i understand you run 1 x wires to the woofer input and 1 x wires to the tweeter input on the crossover. They are sold in Australia paired up with the pdx 4 x 150W RMS amp. i have seen people on you tube wiring up 1 channel to woofer at 150w & 1 channel to the tweeter at 150w(on the crossover). they are rated at 100w RMS. can i do this or what? will it improve the SQ & SPL? should i stick with my 4 x 100 running 100 to each corner of the car? or run 100w to each tweeter/woofer and run rears off H/U? i cant find any info on the net regarding these speakers. if i can bi amp these with my 4x100w amp how should i tune it?

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I would just stick with your 4 channel amp as long as it is good quality, in the real world 50 to 75 watts of clean power will make those speakers scream, unless you are going into the competition lanes you should be fine.