Alpine PDX 4.100

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by ajackson141, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ajackson141

ajackson141 Full Member

Has anyone used a Alpine PDX 4.100? or the bigger 600w amp? Im looking for REAL reviews. I feel like what I read on the net is mostly b.s. Ill be using the amp to run a set of type X components and a set of type R components.

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

iv heard lots of good things on all alpines equipment, so it should do rated power.

3. CardamoneLaw

CardamoneLaw New Member

I have the PDX 4.100 running Kappa 60.9cs in the front and Alpine coax's in the rear doors of my F150 screw and a PDX 1.600 runing two 10W3's in a downfiring box under the rear seats. I just put these amps in to replace Alpine M450 and F450s since i had them layong around after my vette was totalled. The PDXs are much cleaner and pack a lot of useable power in such a small amp so they were easy to hide. I am having a hard time getting the settings just right but they have only been in for a few days so i am still tuning which I made hard on myself by putting them behind the rear seat so the seat has to be removed to adjust anything.

I like the fact that they run 2 or 4 ohm with the same output and how clear they are. I would definitely recommend them.