Alarms???

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by BlkX, Mar 2, 2003.

1. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I believe i'm going to get an alarm of some sort, but i know absolutely nothing about them. The local shop up here carries JT or JTI alarms...i've never heard of em. I don't know if they're decent or not, but they are in the same price range as some of the Viper alarms i was looking at. I'm trying to avoid going home and having it installed if i can help it.

So has anyone heard of JT or JTI?

2. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I dunno. :unsure: I have never heard of them. Personialy I would stick to more of a well known brand. Something made by DEI, code, and maybe a few others.

3. superman

superman Guest

Audiovox and DEI are the only ones that I would touch personally. I would lean towards DEI if I had to chose between the two.

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

The best thing about my alarm is the blinking red light. So far my alarm is 0/1 :(

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Well, a deterrent is all i really expect out of it. I'd also like to have a remote start b/c it can take a while to defrost a car during the winter up here.

6. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Well I have been loooking at the DEI 'Resopnder' and been thinking about that one, but the Code alarm has finally come out. So I think I may be gettin that one later this week. Im not sure of the model number as I have really no info on it YET. A guy I know is thinking aobut gettin the same one so I'll let him get it installed first and then I'll fool around with it and see if I like it, and if I do Im going to get that one. If I do not like it then I will get the DEI. I'll let you know how it goes later this week if I go ahead and get it installed.

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yea, i'm actually going to have one installed this coming week i believe. I'm looking to get the Viper with the remote start... It's the first one in the Viper line w/ remote start, not the highest priced one.

8. Matt5L

Matt5L Guest

JTI are fairly good alarms...they own OZ audio :)

9. Matt5L

Matt5L Guest

Whats a alright decent alarm which I could find cheap online or ebay???

10. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I ended up getting the Viper 550ESP and I love it. Can't go wrong with DEI.

11. NaStYsTaNg05

NaStYsTaNg05 Full Member

i got a cheaper delta remotes starter/alarm/pager system for 200 with 2 paging remotes off ebay. and i love it never had any problems with it. only problem realy is my neighbors truck with literly no muflers seting off the shock sensor. so i had to get a motion sensor and glass breakage sensor. so far no loud exaust or stereos seting it off. also got the red led scrolling light. forget that small blinking led. lets face it the brighter scrolling led with diferent selectable designs gets everyone attention.........