Adding 2 Speakers

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by Brett, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Brett

Brett Full Member

So I bought this amp and these speakers.

Boston Acoustics GT-275 and Boston Acoustics SX50.

I have cut holes in my door to add these speakers but I want 6 speakers so I'm keeping my other four. My question is about getting the RCA jacks to the amp. Do I go and get some Y connectors and will this split the front signal in half or will it be the whole thing? If I am getting only half the signal is there a way to get the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.

2. Brett

Brett Full Member

..Anybody?

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i was also wondering the same thing..but are you adding another amp for the 2 speakers you are adding?

4. Brett

Brett Full Member

Ya, new amp with the speakers so its like one 4 channel and the new 2 channel. But I thought I heard that it divides the signal to the amp if you use a Y cable.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

how many pre outs does your stereo have? if it has 3 preouts then you could always use the rears if the front pre outs are taken up...

6. Brett

Brett Full Member

It has 1 set for front, rear and subs. But on my other speaker amp it has a set of outputs that I haven't really been sure what they are for. They are only labeled as "RCA Output Jack".

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

use the splitter. thats what i did to mine before.

now im running the front stage using my front and rear outs. no more rear fill.

or...does your 4CH have a pass thru?