A Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by CarAudioNub, Jan 5, 2012.

1. CarAudioNub

CarAudioNub Full Member

I was wondering if there was any way to lower the bass in my door speakers and allow it to travel just through the subs. My 6.5 kenwood door speakers are starting to go and until I have the money to replace them the bass sounds like poop (very faint as the subs push pretty well). So if I was able to go to the settings in my headunit or something and change that or even just turn the bass in those off, that would be fantastic. But I'm a nubby and had enough trouble putting this whole thing together awhile back.

Thanks!

2. Jaykup20

Jaykup20 Full Member

are the 6x9's on an external amp? if so there should be a filter.....the more you turn the knob twors the higher number the less bass you should hear in your x9's

3. CarAudioNub

CarAudioNub Full Member

They aren't 6x9s... they are 6.5 door speakers and until I get another amp for the door speakers alone, I am left to plugging them into my aftermarket headunit. I know that the kenwood headunit can't power them nearly to the best of their ability, but I just want a short term solution. I have 2 10" pioneer subs hooked up to an amp and that's where I want my bass. Not through the speakers. Thanks again!!!

4. CarAudioNub

CarAudioNub Full Member

Another thought. Since I have 10s in the back, would it be a bad idea to just put bass blockers on all four of my door speakers and let my subs produce all the bass? This way there wouldn't be any distortion in the speakers for now...