980hp Lexus

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by Civic96, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

LOL

that 2 1/4 inch exhaust on that Lexus is not flowing 980 turbocharged horsepower.

I'd say 450-500 tops with the Nitrous. Not to mention, with those tiny tires on a front wheel drive, it would never go anywhere. I'm all for performance, but that is a heafty hunk of bullshit right there :rolleyes: .

I'd race him for pinks.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

1200 HP Buick V6 :yes:

[​IMG]

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Holy crap, look at how NICE that motor looks...

That's the sort of motor that has you looking closer to see what's below those intake stacks...
    I bet it's a tad bigger than the single turbo of the stock setup.

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

These old Lexus SC's are some of the sexiest cars ever built, IMO...
    The body style is very cool.
    They are a bit large for my taste... but I think I could sacrifice a little agility and convenience... I'd take one.
    Here's a case of a car whose resale value has just remained stratospheric.
    I don't understand why they didn't sell more... apparently there's demand.

6. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

LOL, I could have never guessed what you may find appealing... this is really a pretty bland ride... unless you are a low level exec type... ;) If my memory does not fail, these things were actually available in Japan with a turbo motor a la Supra style... Then again, this thing is super sexy comparing to its SC430 replacement... Talking about lack of imagination on part of the design studio... :rolleyes:

7. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Holy cow... :lol: Now, can you say California Emissions Certification? LOL... must be nice when you do not have to worry about B.S. like this... Most of the shops around here turn me down when I try to have my Pathfinder smogged because the frigging thing has Doug Thorley headers WITH THE SMOG EXPEMPTION number!!! What a bunch of idiots around here... I cannot even have a custom intake on my VR4 because it uses a non factory air filter... Stupid, stupid, stupid... :angry: :angry:

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I'm a fan of "understated".
    "speak softly, and carry a big stick".
    Clean lines, monochrome paint jobs... I like spending time at real car shows, ones that embody true quality. I usually travel at least twice a year to catch a national event, car or truck show.

It's lots of fun to pull up to a light, not look like you have much going on, and then rocket away like a Ferarri F1, taking the next bend at twice the speed the other guys can.

It's nothing special, if you pull up to the light, look like you are going to blow the doors off everything at the light.. and then do. It's expected. yawn.

It's well below "nothing special" if you pull up to the light, look like you are going to blow the doors off everything at the light, and watch the Ford Explorer calmly keep up as you hear high RPM's and wide-open throttle on the part of the little racecar... :lol:

There aren't many sporty-looking luxury cars (ie. 2 doors with an aerodynamic shape, at least), and even fewer sport-oriented luxury cars...
    The SC's are aerodynamic, clean, understated, sporty looking, and yes.. you can get some JDM HP for them as I understand it too.

I think they are cool...
    I also think the Lincoln Mark VIII's are really cool looking too (the older ones more so than the newer ones), and would make a great base for a custom car... maybe more lowrider than sport car.. but then my version of lowrider isn't gaudy, either... ;)
    But it's a sporty-looking luxury car.

9. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

LOL, you should know I like very understated and stealthy too from what I showed you but still, LOL... some things just never fail to amaze me... :lol: