8 inch JL W7

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by des343, Apr 30, 2011.

1. des343

des343 Full Member

i just traded a JBL GTi 12 inch for 2 them

what are these worth? and what kind of box would be best for them also what are the power outputs?

really just any info on the 8's would be awesome thanks :)

2. RangeR419

RangeR419 Member

Im not 100% on what they are worth being they are discontinued, they dont make the W7 anymore other than the new W7 aniversary addition, but i would imagine $200 or so. The 8-W7 is rated at 500 watts rms but JL recomends 250-300 rms for the best performance. As for the enclosure either way you go, ported or sealed, i would go with dual chambers and stick close to 1 cu. ft per chamber.

3. des343

des343 Full Member

thank you! and how much output should i realistically expect i mean i understand they are 8's but they are EXPENSIVE.

Would one 10 inch L7 in a ported box built to specs be better than 2 of these 8's in a ported box built to specs?

4. RangeR419

RangeR419 Member

What are you looking for in your subs? Loud mirror shaking bass or just looking for some nice sound quality? For quality i would deffinetly keep the JL 8-W7's. I have 2 12'' JL W0v2's and they have great sound quality and hit hard, 2 of them will cost about the same as 1 L7. Iv never been a kicker fan so im not real sure about the L7's but i know of a few people that really like them. Keep in mind that the 8-W7's are 3ohm subs too