8" for the truck

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by jonnyv713, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ok right now i have a 10" pioneer sub in behind the seets runnin off the hu with no amp and ya it sucks

so i wanna built 2 boxes and put them under the seats and the amp under the center consel. i was wondering if i should use 8's or 10's i dont have alot of air space available. and i dont wanna spend alot i was thinkin about this equipment

2 Parts Express:Coustic US-CX10-04 10" Subwoofer

1 Power Acoustik OV2-600 - 4 ohms: 95 watts x 2 • 2 ohms: 120 watts x 2 • Bridged, 4 ohms: 240 watts x 1 • PWM MOSFET power supply • Tri-Mode capable • 3-way protection circuit • 4 gauge power/ground connectors - , Car Amplifiers, 2-Channel Amps - Soni

2. jonnyv713

ok i have just decided that the racecar can wait for another year while i get the truck thats gonna pull it ready and get a system in it and the new bike i want is gettting to be out of the question and all the money i get is goin into the truck which isnt alot because i dont really have a job right now but ya just give me suggestions on this and ill go from there

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

how much can you afford to spend on everything?

4. pedro quiroga

oh man! what about getting some of those ED 12in subs for behind the seat.

or an amp for the sub you all ready have.

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

How much space do you have back there??

6. jonnyv713

i have like no room back there cause i wanna keep the back for storage. it is not an extended cab. and i dont think i want an amp for the sub i have. but idk if they r really any good i have two of them, but i only have one in a truck box behind the passenger seat.i would really like to come up wit a design for under the seats, i will take measurements tomorrow under them. should i take some pics of all this so we can get an idea. and i would like to spend about 150- maybe 200 if i go any higher i will have to wait even longer

7. pedro quiroga

8. jonnyv713

where do i get the 6.5s

9. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

Since you said 8", the other day I was at a local Memphis dealer, I swear I heard the best 8" sub in the world. Memphis Power Reference or something rather. The amp that was hooked up to it also had 4 speakers hooked up to it. The sub was 200 watts max, 100 watts RMS. It left us shaking.
    They look similar to [​IMG]
    like I said one 8" was hittin hard.

10. pedro quiroga

11. jonnyv713

do u know what the model was and how much it was cause i kinda thought memphis was kinda exspensive

12. jonnyv713

which one of those would be good and i think i will start with two for now

should i build the enclosures about .75 each tuned to about 35hz
    each with a 2in port about 7.5in long

13. jonnyv713

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

these wont do crap for bass unless you have a bigger enclosure than .25 cubes.

They are not subwoofers...they are midbass speakers.

If you are limited on space I would recommend the Elemental Designs SQ10.

I just built a .4 cu ft sealed box for one for a customer and it sounds really nice...really tight and digs deep too.

Elemental Designs

If you want to go the mulitple 6.5 sub route go with either of these.
    Parts Express:Tang Band W6-1139SI 6-1/2" Subwoofer

as for an amp could you spend a little more than get some headroom for power.

Power Acoustik PS2-800 - 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 • 2 ohms: 180 watts x 2 • Bridged, 4 ohms: 360 watts x 1 • PWM MOSFET power supply • High or low level inputs with floating ground • Tri-mode capable • Includes remote level control knob • Frequency Resp