4 Fi Audio IB3 18's walled off 15Hz tune in a VAN BUILD LOG

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by kryptonitewhite, Feb 28, 2010.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

Most likely a Buick Rendezevous... like last year, I'll set out tomorrow and may have one by the end of the day... but last time I ended up with an Aztek... we will see how it goes this time. I currently have 4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's, 2 CSS FR125S's, and 2 Vifa XT25TG30 ring radiators. I have a Kicker KX850.4 with a bad crossover on 1 channel for the 6.4's, a KX350.4 to be bridged 8ohm on the 4" full rangers, and a KX200.2 thats blown for the tweets. I can send the amps in to Kicker for repair, but I might just buy all new ZX series..IDK yet.

I'll be getting some SHURiKEN SK-BT80 batteries from SicAudio, a HO alt, and proably some audiopipe ap3000d's... Alpine W200 w/ Alpine PXA-H701.

I'll wall off the van with a few layers of MDF, 14" sonotube port in the center of the quad 18's... but no enclosure on the back side. I know I know... owell. After stripping it nekid, I'll use expanding foam to fill in everything I can then try to get a large quantity of resin to coat everything. Make it as air tight and rigid as possible. How sweet to pull up in the lanes and pop open the hatch and burp... unless I get more port gain with the hatch shut. This should be interesting, as the wall will divide the van into 2 chambers... the port connecting the 2... windows up IDK. Windows down, 6th order to the world. Will there be two tunings? a double impedance saddle? 2 low excursion points? we will have to see.

I'm also doing an HT build calling them the Twin Towers... dual 128 cubic foot enclosures each with an IB3 18" with a 12" sonotube port starting with a 6.5Hz tune and working my way up to 15Hz. Another learning/experimenting project.

2. kryptonitewhite

Look what I picked up today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Nice, now get it done and I will drive Lila up there and see it. Im only like 45min away from you.

4. kryptonitewhite

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

with a $115 diff in price for 500 more watts i would do the 3000's.

an extra 500 per sub might not make a big diff.

6. kryptonitewhite

I guess that amp is 2ohm.. Fi got back, I can get dual 4 so that I have a 4 layer coil instead of a 2 layer coil with a S2.

7. kryptonitewhite

just purchased 6 Fi Audio IB3 18's custom dual 4 ohm. Why? cuz it's double the coil in the gap. Double the wire to split the current flow.

8. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Damn man.. this is gonna be a sick build

9. kryptonitewhite

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I would go for the Shuriken because it is cheaper and it has more amps, 1900 vs 1000. But, it has a lower AH of 80 vs 100. I would still go for the greater amp per dollar Shuriken. Both are great batteries though.

11. kryptonitewhite

The Samsung Blu-Rey player I got let me down.. it's loud, sounds like an old printer. If you take the disc out it forgets where it was at and starts over. It can't read any of my burnt CDs, DVDs, or... other material. Sometimes the words don't match the faces on screen. This is compared to the last 2 DVD players I've owned over the years that each cost 30 bucks. So I bought the $100 Blu-Rey .. Magnavox.. so I could give the Samsung to my mother who won't care about all that and wants Netflix live stream. This one is the same... can't read burnt CDs or..other material. Forgets where it was at.

I had $35 of best buy rewards to use up...I figured about $20-$40 for a pair of RCA to XLR cables... they were 99c a piece! So I bought the last 5 they had! So then I had $35 rewards to still burn up, so I got a 100ft spool of Monster Cable :( I HATE them. Walmart years ago had 50ft spools of yellow 12gauge for 10 bucks. I still have 1 or 2 left cuz I bought like 6 of them 6 or 7 years ago.

Bought rear drums and shoes for the van, as well as plugs, air and oil filter, and oil. The AC clutch is the fan noise problem. I may just pull the entire AC system like I did on my Accent GT and put the HO alt in it's place? Good idea?

I went to Sears today.. $190 for DieHard platinum. $805 for 4 of them. What ya'll think? get those tomorrow morning or order the Shuriken or Delta?

HT receiver and EP4000's shipped yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kryptonitewhite

I just bought an IVA-W505 and a PXA-H701 today, now I'm working on batteries and HO alt.

I'm pulling my AC and either gonna drop a 2nd used alt and a AD244 stocker, or, a HO alt with the AD244 stocker.DC power , Ohio gen , APS is who missinglinkaudio recommended. nathan of ecessive can do a 200 amp for $345 shipped.

13. kryptonitewhite

Started tear down on the van , going to get wood tomorrow... build in the towers first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. kryptonitewhite

15. kryptonitewhite

16. kryptonitewhite

The PXA-H701 came a cpl days ago

Alpine IVA-W505 dvd player on it's way

I have 1 Fi IB3 18, 6 more on the way... 4 for the VAN, 2 for the HT until the 22's come out, and a spair

Going to get dual AD244 alts and maybe a modulator for them

Going to get 4 of those batteries pictured above

Need to get some 12 gauge power wire ;)

Going to order 4 AP30001D's when they are back in stock

I have a pair ( 3... a spair) Vifa XT25TG30 1" Ring Radiators to be run with the Kicker KX200.2

2 CSS FR125S full range 4.5's to be run bridged 8 ohms off the KX350.4

4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's off a KX850.4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. kryptonitewhite

had 2 create a new photobucket account! sometimes some show sometimes bandwidth error

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. kryptonitewhite

had a rust spot i knocked out today for a dollar. paint dont even match but i dont care its better than rust

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]