4 channel amps

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by explorer, Jun 22, 2005.

1. explorer

explorer New Member

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for a little while and even though its quieted down substantially, you all seem to be the most informed car audio junkies with an internet forum that I've seen. I've been working on my car system and I am in the process of adding a subwoofer (Infinity Kappa Perfect 12dvq) that will be recieving 400-500 watts RMS of clean power in a sealed box. I also plan on buying a new amp for my mids that will allow me to give them the power they want and also set the HP crossover frequency. I'm looking for around 50 watts RMS per channel (4 ohms) of clean power. So far, I'm looking at the JL e4300 and the alpine MRV-F340

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewitem.ph...filiate=froogle

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=12087

Do you guys have any experience with the new JL "e" class or alpine amps? And also, are there any other brands in the price range that I should seriously consider, or am I making a mistake not getting a nicer amp if i plan to take it with me on future cars? Thanks a lot.

-Steve

2. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

Personally I prefer to get something as good as I can afford and hang onto it for a while... how much are you willing to spend? we might be able to come up with some good suggestions... personally I'm a big fan of US Amps tube amps, they've got one that's 75x4... Also are you running front and rear speakers or is this for a component set?

3. explorer

explorer New Member

Thanks for the help joelsbass. I plan using this amp to run a component set in the front and a pair of coaxials in the rear. I've heard only good things about US amps and I'm leaning toward getting a better amp like this :( now that I'm getting paid more :) Would you guys go with US amps... over say JL "slash" amps or TRU amps?

4. explorer

explorer New Member

haha, no idea how i got that :( in there.

5. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

What vehicle are you putting this in? uless you realy want to cater to the ears of rear seat passengers I'd reccomend just going with a component set in the front and bi-amping it (one 4ch amp for a component set, 2 channels to the mid's and 2 channels to the highs)

6. explorer

explorer New Member

So if i were to biamp the front components, I would bypass the crossovers that came with the set? Anyway, I'm running this system in an explorer. None of the speakers are great, I was greatly limited in my options thanks to Ford's stock 6x8 factory mounting locations. At the time i was unwilling to cut bigger holes in the doors and I had not even heard of kick pods.

7. Plo Koon

Plo Koon New Member

used Kicker ZX460

8. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Ive got a Cadence Z4000 that is rated at 75x4. Should do a bit more considering their Z series is supposed to be better than the Q series and the Q series is quite underrated.

$180 shipped