2002 BMW 330i pics and vids

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jayz85, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

The system consists of 2 12" Kicker L7's in a custom tuned box hooked up to a ZX2500.1. An extra yellow top optima battery, Mb Quart Q216 6.5" components for the front stage, Pioneer Premier Ts-D601 coaxials and Pioneer T-110 tweeters all hooked up to an Mb Quart PAB4200 4-Channel amp... Pioneer N2 head unit and an Audiocontrol 4.1 and Matrix sound processing system.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

if the shop that installed it did that carpet job than I'd take it back...the carpet shouldn't be coming off if done correctly

nice vids though

3. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

yea I will get that looked at for my brother when I take it to get the xmnavitraffic and the new headlights put in wednesday. in the vids both windows are wide open. and it was only up to about 38 and it goes up to 63.
    those new mb quarts are sick.

4. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the kickers were giving out... and my brother thought he didnt have enough bass... so he got 2 jl w7's in a bandpass(1.8 cuft per sub...3 4by8in tube ports) and is trying to get rid of the zx2500.1 because he got 2 1000/1's... he also replaced his pioneers in the back with kappa perfects and is getting a new amp for the highs... with more power... suggestions tips?... oh and azn... I have a pioneer TS-W3001d2 12in... and was thinking of making a t-line for it... if not im working on a ported box... roughly 2.3-2.5 cuft... wondering if you could help a bit..

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Specs of the sub????

6. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

Features
    Size 12"
    Woofer Cone Material Interlaced Carbon Fiber/Glass Fiber Reinforced
    Surround Wide-Roll, 3-Layer Fiber Woven Aramid Radial with Honeycomb Cloth
    Voice Coil Dual 4-Layer, Long Voice Coil
    Voice Coil Wire Copper
    Voice Coil Bobbin Phenol Resin Coated Glass Cloth
    Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
    Magnet Construction Double Stacked (110oz)
    Basket Design Aluminum Die-Cast Rigid Chassis
    Gasket 1-Piece Rubber
    Wire Terminals Integrated Single-Sided Silver Compression Terminals
    Specifications
    Watts MAX. Music Power 3000 Watts
    Watts Nominal Power Handling 1000 Watts
    Frequency Response 18 Hz to 700 Hz
    Sensitivity 89 dB
    Ohm Rating D2: (1 or 4 ohm) D4: (2 or 8 ohm)
    Recommended Enclosure 0.50 ~ 1.0 Cubic Feet
    Dimensions 329 mm x 214.2 mm
    Mounting Depth 188.8 mm
    Accessory Grill UD-G307

no one on realm of excursion has this sub in such a tiny enclosure... and the specs fromt the site dont really help as you can see.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

do you have any t/s parameters for this sub??

Also how's those W7s sound in that bandpass??

Looks like the box is awfully small for two W7s in a bandpass.

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I just searched for like 20 minutes, i don't think the d2 manual exists lol, i found D4 ugh but i closed everything. i have the pdf though..

9. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

Well it looks small... but damn does it hit hard... and sound good...with a 1000/1 to each and the help from the new pioneer avic n4, audiocontrol eqs and matrix... the installer says each sub has about 1.8 cuft and thats what jl recommendations are... cant sit in the car for too long makes you wanna gag.

dont know what other numbers you need for the pioneer... but all I could find is the pdf as well...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/217888139TRD1263-A_UC.pdf

10. DMP

DMP Full Member

Looks like a decent setup. Who did the install?

I did this in a M3. This is a pic with the rear seats folded down. I know the sub woulda sounded better with it facing towards the rear, but this is what they guy wanted. The other side of the box has plexiglass....I dont have another pic on me.
    [​IMG]

11. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

this shop down the street from our house... called "The Audio shop" pretty much most of the equipment was bought elsewhere... the amps from sonicelectronics... and we go to downtown LA for the subs... 355 a piece was dirt cheap... The installer that makes the boxes came from mexico and used to do nothing but really high end installs for like drug dealers and such... he can do everything if given the materials. but doesnt really understand the concept of a transmission line... so thats why im asking azn so then the installer will help me build it.

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

IMO those ports are only big enough for one sub. You have the effective radiating area of a a single 8 inch speaker.

But if it sounds good to you than thats all that matters.

What are the max dimensions you have for the t-line though??

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

lol, everyone wants one, see what you started!

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Nice ride and system by the way!

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I never started anything...merely introduced the idea to this site lol.

16. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

so you think the ports couldve been alot bigger? well I remeasured them... and they are more like 4by10.5 inches... the installer wanted 6in but they dont have 6in pvc at home depot...

max dimensions for the t-line is about 47x23x13, its going in a mercedes e500 for now but when my 64 1/2 mustang is done its gotta fit in there. if those numbers arent big enough... i can measure a different part of the trunk.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well he could have used more 4 inch ports.

IMO with how much air the W7 can move that box is hindering there performance by a lot. Might as well only use one amp and one sub with that box.

What is the size of the ported chamber?? is that 1.8 per sub the ported or sealed chamber??

47x23x13 is that wide height and depth??? I have no idea

18. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

47 wide... 23 depth and 13 height.

well I can talk to him about it... he wants more port. except the owners of the shop made him rush it a bit much... so how many more would you suggest? can it get alot louder? 1.8 each sealed then the front part where the air moves up and out.

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

How big is the ported chamber??

It probably won't sound good just sticking more ports in there. Normally when designing a bandpass you want to tune the ported chamber as close to or at the sealed chambers resonant frequency.

for the t-line though those dimensions are enough for a t-line.

20. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

I have no idea how big the ported chamber is... but I will ask him... and I kinda messed up on the measurements... its 37 wide... didnt check the mustang correctly. its gonna be my first project. and I was wondering if anyone had dealt with the free-air sub in a 2003 mercedes benz E500? the one in there has given out... it has the harman kardon system and the sub gets about 100 watts... any suggestions for a shallow mount?