2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L5 vented box

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by goykab13, May 26, 2009.

1. goykab13

goykab13 New Member

Does anyone have the dimensions for 2 12" kicker solo-baric L5 vented box? i dont feel like paying for the whole box and would rather make it on my own. thanks

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

These woofers really like air space, ported volume needs to be around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft each. And thats not including the area the port takes up.

So tell me, what are the dimensions that I have to work with?

3. goykab13

goykab13 New Member

i have a mk4 gti and in think the only restriction i have is that it can be no longer than 40 inches. i would go out and check but my car is in the shop. i want to make a vented box not a ported box so the ports will not be blocked. thanks

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Vented and ported are just different words for the same thing. Please double check the measurements when you get a chance. I would really hate to come up with a box that will not fit.

I will work up a box tomorrow (I'm old and its almost my bedtime), but make sure it will fit before you build it.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

just do this.lol

Attached Files:

6. pedro quiroga

one would be all you really need. unless you dont really need the back seat.

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

This box is a little on the large side, but this is what this woofer requires. Make sure this will fit in the car before building

The box needs to be 40-inches wide and 22-inches deep. It will also need to be 15-1/2-inches tall. This will make our port 14-inches tall. If we make the port 3-1/2-inches wide and 16-inches long, our tuning will be around 32 to 34 Hz.

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

wow! I need a van! LOL

9. pedro quiroga

that was a vw golf with 2 18's

10. jonnyv713

I know, I'm just saying I need to do something like that in a van!

11. pedro quiroga

oh ok. my friend galacticmonkey (youtube him) is selling his panel van with 24 15's. 21k

12. jonnyv713

I don't have that kind of money but I need something to drive in the winter now cause I just put a new motor in my car. Now I won't be able to drive it at all in the snow. I would love to get an old jeep wagoneer or 4 wheel drive van, then put a big system in it!