15 Inch Truck box

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by Hades, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Hades

Hades New Member

Hey guys i just joined and have not even filled out my profile but ill get to that soon ;)

My problem is this, i have a ford bronco with 2-15 inch subs inthe back, im selling the bronco and now have a dodge ram pickup and want to put the subs in there.

Im either looking for somone selling a box similar to what i need or somone that can fabricate 1 for a decent price, i have a few local stereo installation stores here but past experience makes me know they are a complete rip-off.

I also found many places online that sold boxes specifically for my truck but the highest they went up to was 12"

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

2. PORTnPOLISH97

PORTnPOLISH97 Full Member

make it yourself. There is a ton of info on the net......

3. Jeffc879

Jeffc879 Full Member

its not a ripoff, well to someone who is good with their hands it is. it costs a lot of money to run a shop so they have to make money somehow. if you want to fit 15's into a truck box good luck. what subs are they? how deep are they? what kind of airspace are you looking at? i fit a 3.2 cube ported box behind my seat but it was pushed way foreward. you may run into this problem. make sure you get grilles for your subs becuase it is easy to move your seat back just a little too far and accidentally burn a coil. find an online box builder, it may help some. just make sure your box is deep enough for the sub, i made that mistake and it made my box look like crap when i put a 3/4inch spacer on the face

4. Hades

Hades New Member

i've pretty much decided to sell the 15's in the box and then buy 2 12 inch subs and boxes and go from there.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Look in the phone book for "cabniet makers" I bet you can find one to make you anything

6. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

ah, too bad... nothin sounds like 15's in a truck!:D