1 JL W7? or 2 15's?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by des343, Feb 22, 2011.

1. des343

des343 Full Member

I am wondering if 1 12 inch W7 can hit as well or out hit a 15 or better yet 2 15's?..

and if it can can anyone compare 2 15's or a 15 that they would compare it with..

i just wonder how much one 12 inch sub can really do..i mean size has to matter..dont it?

2. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

boy u cant make up your mind of what you want, lol ok ill explain a little about the comparison your asking about! first which size w7 second 2 15's will get louder then 1 considering cone area! what box and how many watts? this will be the defiance question!

3. des343

des343 Full Member

haah yeah well i just want to make sure i am making the right choice so i do a bunch of comparing and research and asking people is the big one i just dont get a lot of responses :/.

But actually i have made a deal with a guy to trade my PS3 and 9 games 2 controllers in return i get

1 w7 13 inch...no box..

so i will need to find have built or build a box myself..i am going to be pairing it with my JBL 14001 which is 1500 wats at 2 ohms...

4. des343

des343 Full Member

but i read somewhere this sub is by nature a 1.5 ohm sub?

5. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

this is true! which is kind of a pain in the ........... anyhow i would stray away from that deal as u can find something more useful! i can make 1 alpine type r get louder then a w7 with less power! ive tested w7's alot and honestly not a big fan!

6. des343

des343 Full Member

really now? is that a fact one type r louder than a w7? i like type r's was actually thinking about getting them but i would want 2 and simply cant spend the money on them..

7. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

this is a fact! ive gotten them louder and i have seen alot of poeple get them louder! but some guy's swear by jl! im just giving u my oppinion and u can take it with a grain of saly especialy since u dont know me from the next guy lol. i just give my input

8. des343

des343 Full Member

yeah but thats all i ask for is input...peoples expirences and opinions and stuff..

9. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

well mines here anytime u need it!