08/21/2003 --Mitek Teams with Net Enforcers

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics News' started by The_Ancient, Aug 21, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Mitek Teams with Net Enforcers to Police the Internet

August 21, 2003 -- Phoenix, Ariz. - Unauthorized dealers and transshippers beware. Mitek is partnering with Net Enforcers to continue to police popular internet auction sites and eliminate all unauthorized sales of MTX, Xtant, Coustic, StreetWires, SWX, Magnum, and DCM products.
    "The tsunami of fraudulent activity continues to pound the credibility of good, honest business," said Loyd Ivey, chairman and CEO of Mitek, "and we have brought in reinforcements to help us monitor the unauthorized reselling of our products.

"I am so angry with these lowlifes who think they can get away with misrepresenting our products using fraudulent means," Ivey continued. "They terrorize our legitimate retailers, hurt hard-working people, steal money, and rob the confidence of our partners in commerce. They've stepped into our trap and we are now going to persecute them even more."

Mitek's zero-tolerance policy warns authorized dealers that if they sell to transshippers, they will be terminated immediately. The company also cautions consumers to only purchase from authorized dealers in order to guarantee full warranty coverage.

"We're serious about this," said Ivey. "Mitek's not about to let anyone illegally interfere with our relationship with the honest dealers and audio fans who sell and buy our products. One way or another, our customers will always win."

I hope they get all the ebayers, I just hope they dont come after me :bash:

2. shimkpy

shimkpy New Member

I heard that this company has signed with all the majors..

alpine
    kicker
    clarion
    Rockford
    and many others..

it seems the time for dealer protection has come... I congradulate them on their ability to offer a solution to the hard working shops out there..

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Sorry bud, but most dealers DONT DESERVE to be protected, ALOT of them are nothing more than Crimials

I know of quite a few sending time in jail, for everything from payuing people to steal recent installs, and resell them to out right fraud

I will NEVER support any manufacturer in the protection of dealers, unless ALL manufacturers institute a system of Checks and Balances that protect the CONSUMER to the dealers bottom lines

Most often all it takes to be a dealer is

1> a store front
    2> a Large wad of cash

That is all, IMO that is not a very good list.......

Dealers need to be held more accountable for this actions, and their dealers actions, Even if a Consumer were to report a Dealer to a manufactuer, most often that manufacturer reports it to the area rep, and as long as the dealer is moving product for that rep, they will "sweep it under the rug" and nothing is EVER done about it

I can not count the number of out right TERRIBLE installs, with mistakes that even a NEWBIE should not make, present, and these come from suppoablly professionlly trains Authorized Dealers/installers

For instance, I seen one awhile back where the Power cable was litterally attached to the Battery with DUCT TAPE, that is right DUCT TAPE, and this was from a JL AUDIO dealer, and we all know how highly JL talks about their Dealers.....

so I dont feel sorry for this shops at all, I know many GOOD shop owns across the contry, they never considered me Comptition, nor did I them,

the Internet shopper and the Local Shopper are competly seperate demographics

Even though most manufacturers want to Combin them by restricting trade, which is illegal in itself

the good shops dont suffer at all, their customers keep coming back, and they bring more, it is the BAD shops that compain about unathorized dealers, it is the BAD shops they worry where there customer may go, because they offer nothing more than inflated prices,.

they have not learned the key to keeping higher prices is to offer better SERVICE, making you the better VALUE in the end,

that is what sales are all about, VALUE