World cup Soccer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by The Belgian, Jun 6, 2002.

1. The Belgian

The Belgian Full Member

Belgium-Japan : 2-2

But what a goal by Marc Wilmots !!!! :eek:

The USA are surprising me, not a top team but a whole lot better than in '94 and '98! :thumb:

Anyone else following it?

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

soccer:rolleyes:

the only sport is MOTORSPORTS

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

soccer:urine:

4. One Eyed Jack

One Eyed Jack Full Member

:eek: who the hell cares about SOCCER?

:flag:

here in america, we like our hockey, our baseball, and our MOTORSPORTS!

5. The Belgian

The Belgian Full Member

Normally me neither, but I'm being sucked into this by a friend who plays soccer... :eek:

1 thing I've learned so far : soccer is a rougher sport than most think. It is originally a contact sport, you know. Broken legs and shit are pretty common. So are fights and supporter-hooliganism. :rolleyes:

Too bad I can't watch some decent rallies, and I missed the Monaco GP F1 because of my exams. :mad:

6. zabooza

zabooza Full Member

I played soccer for 6 years as a child, grew to hate it, still don't like it(to watch or play), but I do like the newest Fifa game for PS2. Me and my friend made an entire team of stoners that were from Jamaica:guypeace:

7. bigbumpin16

bigbumpin16 Full Member

i hate soccer too,
    but like zabooza, i dont know why,
    i've always liked those damn FIFA games!!

8. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

you forgot boxing, UFC, kickboxing and basketball

9. The Belgian

The Belgian Full Member

That makes 3 of us, at my student shack we play WorldCup '98 on an old N64 almost non-stop! While :smoker: 'ing offcourse! :D

10. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

yeah the usa has somehow managed to not suck ass this year....

man you guys couldnt play a complete half of a soccer game without passing out... strange though aint it.. american sports all have frequent breaks... soccer has ONE.. and there isnt enough time in it for a britney spears/nsync spectacular....

and play an actual real game of soccer and you will realize just how rough it is... damn oej your ass would get broken in half....

11. MustangFiend

MustangFiend Full Member

I don't like this world cup. The good teams aren't performing and some of them didn't make it.

12. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

amen to that:p

man we play 80minute games and im only 16:eek: , most of the time i have to play the whole game. the conditioning is incredable and the actual game is alot rougher than everyone thinks....:)

13. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Soccer is one of the toughest sports I ever played. It is rough and very very tiring. I was on my town's soccer team for 3 years but when I moved I just stoped playing.

14. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

wow the USA lost 3-1 but still got in because of S. Korea's win over Portugal. and Belgium now plays Brazil:p

15. nosduj

nosduj Full Member

soccer is awesome....i just started following it recently, but the fifa games kick!

16. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

if anyone saw the italy vs korea game, it was one of the most dramatic games ive ever seen.. man i was rooting for both teams to win (well italy really) .. killer game with a comeback for the ages... both teams played their hearts out.. great game... oh and korea won with a goal in the 2nd overtime

17. nosduj

nosduj Full Member

i saw that match, it was really good

18. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

i saw the spain-italy game. went into pk's. crazy game. italy tied it with a pk in the 90th minute:eek:

19. breakbeat

breakbeat New Member

You mean Spain and Ireland. That game almost gave me a heart attack considering I'm Spanish. World cup is more exciting then any other sporting event IMO. Too bad it's not too popular in the U.S. I'm from Toronto and its huge here. The U.S. team has already made history and no one in the country really seems to give a shit. Thats too bad. I'm glad Italy is out though, they were way too cocky and underestimated the Koreans. Oh well, Spain is gonna take it all anyways. :D

20. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

ya man my bad. i meant ireland.dont know what i was thinking:rolleyes:

anyway the world cup is awesome and the usa is doing awesome too. i guess here we just like our baseball and football:rolleyes: :D