Unemployed again

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Oct 7, 2002.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well my job ended at the warehouse today......

I hate temp services I really do

back to looking for a new job

2. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Damn, sorry to hear that man. i'm about to be unemployed. My job is pure hell! Working 6 nights a week sorting packages for a shipping company. I was only supposed to be working till about 10:30, but almost every night since i started, i've been there till 12am or later. Oh, well. Hope you find something man.

3. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

come work for me....flexable hours, you get to drink beer on the job., You can take naps,.... oh unfortunately I may not be able to pay you......

4. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

work at best buy
    -)

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I thought about that, but even they are not hiring in my area

6. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Hope you find a job Michael!

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ohh i am sure I will

but it may just be anoterh temp job

probally not somehting i want to do,

8. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

mike i have an idea why dont u sell products online? sounds like a pretty good idea to me :unsure:

jk man, hope ya find a job soon

9. kbog

kbog Full Member

That's just cold man...

10. PointSource

PointSource Guest

Education is the best investment one can ever make for himself/herself..........

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

why so i can be like the 5 guys I know that recent gradutated in the top 15% at purdue and are unemployed like me????

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

education is good, but overrated IMO

the vast majority of people go to collage now, attendance is way up at most collages, and unless your in the top 5% you have a considerably less chance of being hired out of collage

Don't think that degree guarantees you a job anywhere

and if the field of study your in does not have any openings well that degree is pretty much usless

13. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Almost everyone I knew went off to college this year. They kept telling me to go to college instead of a technical school... Hopfully an A+ and net+ certification will help me out... I do wonder how hard it will be to find a job though :(

14. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Full Member

damn ... best buy not hiring?

we just had a job fair at the ones in memphis cause we need people for the holidays

its not so bad

15. I am going to be displeased if I dont get a job after college...
    Oh well. Hope you find a good job Mike.

16. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Nothing in this world is gaurateed, but an education is a step towards a more promising career than standing in line at a temp agency. Its hard to get a job wether ou got an education or not, but i'd much rather be unemployed for a while with hopes on landing a job making 40+ K a year than hoping to land something that will just get my bills paid with no chances of advancement. No disrespect entended to anyone who hasn't furthered their education. There are promising careers that dont required a degree and such, but i feel your chances are upped a great margin with a degree under your belt. I'll take my chances with an education anyday. But hey, whatever floats your boat or finds your lost remote.

Last edited by flawlesskid at Oct 9 2002, 11:57 PM

17. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Well put, i agree. There are jobs to be had w/out a college education, but they are much harder to come by, and advancement is very difficult.

18. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Problem is that pretty soon you're going to need to have a college degree to get a decent job...companies in general are pushing for people to have degrees for nearly all positions and stress the need for "continual improvement," which does include taking more schooling.

When the economy is good, 75-85% of grads get good jobs straight out of college.

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hmmmm. I never finished college and I do fairly well. I will disagree with this statement. Most careers that people go to college for are up and coming, and rarely stay the same. Many come and go, leaving a college grad to fend for themselves when they become obselete. As a tradesman and a craftsman, I learn on the job every day, and make a nice wage at that. Will I ever become obsolete? No, in fact as vehicles progress I will become more valuable. Rarely, if ever, will you find a shop owner who will hire fresh out of college, it is experiance prefered. I think the same goes for construction, plumming, and the other trades that we depend on with our nation growing at the rate it is. A trade also works itself out in trade... I need a plummer? I'll fix his cars in trade for him running me new pipes. I can do sidework as well to supplement my income and help others out. It's all in the way you look at it.

20. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Hmmmm. I never finished college and I do fairly well. I will disagree with this statement. Most careers that people go to college for are up and coming, and rarely stay the same. Many come and go, leaving a college grad to fend for themselves when they become obselete. As a tradesman and a craftsman, I learn on the job every day, and make a nice wage at that. Will I ever become obsolete? No, in fact as vehicles progress I will become more valuable. Rarely, if ever, will you find a shop owner who will hire fresh out of college, it is experiance prefered. I think the same goes for construction, plumming, and the other trades that we depend on with our nation growing at the rate it is. A trade also works itself out in trade... I need a plummer? I'll fix his cars in trade for him running me new pipes. I can do sidework as well to supplement my income and help others out. It's all in the way you look at it.[/b][/quote]
    exactly

that collage degree dont mean sh!t in real life

at my last job before I became the supervisor they hired some hot shot collage grad to run the show, needless to say he did not have the clue, he has the "book" smarts, but when you have a 40,000 pound motor hangiung 40ft in the air them book mean nothing.......

He was fired and I was promoted in less than 2 weeks

Last edited by Michael at Oct 10 2002, 11:53 AM