The Real Black Death!

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by 92civicproblems, Oct 23, 2008.

1. 92civicproblems

92civicproblems Full Member

Okay, since someone jacked my forum I can't tell if people are helping me or the other guy with his carb.. I mean I can tell it's just annoying to filter through the messages. I don't care, I'm just starting this thread for MY black death. Thanks.

As of right now I'm trying to figure out which socket size to use for my 92 civic's 1.6 liter

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ive had this happen before to me. try to move the socket back and forth. like your tightening it and loosening it. you should get your socket back out.

3. 92civicproblems

I feel like an idiot for getting it stuck but I got it out with some WD-40 and some patience. Now I just need to prevent this from EVER HAPPENING AGAIN!

4. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

sorry about that.

5. 92civicproblems

Lol it's ok bro I don't mind. :) Nice car btw

6. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

Thanks. how much did you pay for this car? sounds like you are putting alot into it.

7. 92civicproblems

I bought it for 1700 and so far I haven't put anything into it.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

so whats the updates with your civic?

9. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

next time, there is a little trick grab the end of the socket, and hit it as hard as you can against something really hard. That's what your supposed to do if you get the wrong sized socket. :D

10. 92civicproblems

I have an overhead cam, so the top of the socket was 3in. out of reach...

My civic isn't insured and won't be for about a week. There is going to be a dumpster in my driveway so my civic will be stuck in the garage (bummer) if I don't get it insured by like tuesday. Hopefully I do. It's complicated. So it could be a while before I do much more.

I have a feeling I'll be back to this forum again..