1. edgeofsanity

edgeofsanity New Member

Hi all, I bought a 2007 Ford Escape not to long ago, and the remote is a 4 button remote. Has the A in front and B in back. This fob I would think would be for a remote start.when I push both A and B together the lights flick on and off and I hear the fuel pump go on, but the vehicle wont start. Now, my question is, would the car still do those things even without a remote starter, or do I indeed have one and I'm either not doing something correctly or something isn't plugged in?

The fob is exactly like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Checkmate-Remote-JT3KD1500T-CONTROL-CLICKER-ENTRY-FOB-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5643267d5aQQitemZ370493783386QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Can anyone please help me on this issue? Thank you very much in advance. Take care all :)

2. H8glasswerk

H8glasswerk Full Member

If it goes as far as powering the ignition and you can hear the fuel pump, then yes it has a remote start. Either the factory security is stopping it, or there is some other problem like lack of tach sense.

Here's something to try. Put your key into the ignition. DO NOT TURN THE KEY! Just insert the key into the ignition and then try to auto start it. If it fires up then there is something wrong with your factory security interface.