Pioneer AVIC Z140BH Aux input issue

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Mike02z, May 6, 2013.

1. Mike02z

Mike02z New Member

Hello,
    I'm a new user and have a question. I just installed a new AVIC 140BH into my 2014 Forester. Everything works fine except the aux audio input. I have tried different cable than even purchased a new one. No matter what I try I can't get the HU to recognize that I'm using the 3.5mm aux input. I have 2 aux inputs, one is the one that came with the HU and the other is the one already in the Forester that I connected to the Audio Aux input RCA jacks. I have been through all the settings and nothing seems to work.

When I plug in my iPod via the USB it sees in but I don't have the Pioneer adapter yet so I cannot plug in the 3.5 mm jack that comes with that adapter.

Any advice? Neither the aux input that is with the USB nor the aux input that I connected to my console aux jack work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did try searching but came up blank.
    Regards,
    -Mike

2. Mike02z

Mike02z New Member

Found the issue. All is working great now.

3. jmatteis

jmatteis New Member

Can you advise what the issue was? I have the 2400BT, and tried connecting my XM Skydock via front 3.5 Aux input, but cannot get any sound to come through the HU. Wondering if I have to have one of the Pioneer or other brand 4 pole cables, or if a regular stereo 3.5 male to male will work?