pioneer avh4200 usb unplayable video file

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by notch07, Nov 3, 2010.

1. notch07

notch07 Member

hey guys, i'm having an issue with my new avh p4200 pioneer, I purchased a 16gb usb stick, movies do work but music videos i downloaded off youtube etc.. do not work.

The Movies are in .AVI files and i converted couple music videos, .mp4 dont work, .flv dont work, it doesn't even show up on the list, but the .avi music videos do show up but i get the error unplayable file. Any reason this is happening?

Thanks

2. ericj

ericj Full Member

Do your videos contain DRM info?

3. notch07

notch07 Member

That's the thing i dont think, the way i did it, i just downloaded couple youtube videos and chose one of the online converters to convert it to .avi..that's about it? Is there another way i should be doing this.

The movies are straight .avis and downloaded off torrent.

4. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

If you can get a hold of fraps and a video editing program such as adobe premiere elements \ Sony vegas etc.. You can fraps the videos in full screen then render them in avi =D

5. notch07

notch07 Member

guys it worked, i converted it to xvid and it started playing..thanks for the suggestions

6. B1gfun

B1gfun Member

I have the same head unit and love it!
    Do you or anyone else know how i can get my headrest monitors to show waht on my headunit display when not on dvd/SD? Mine illuminate blue as they state there is no signal. Any help. Sorry to hijack your thread!

7. Riku

Riku New Member

hey I have an AVH-P3200 and I'm trying to do the exact same thing also with youtube videos. mine are in "mp4" and i managed to convert them with pazeera program but they also show up as error when i try to play them in the stereo, could you share with us how you did it? thanks in advance for any help =)

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The program I use for all conversions, video or music, is a program called Super. They say it can convert anything to anything, so far I agree.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

I dn't know what format you need, you'll have to let us know. But Super will convert it to whatever format you need

9. Riku

Riku New Member

wow! :) thanks for the quick reply. I looked at the Super link and it seems overwhelming with so many supported formats. I have windows Me so only a few programs work for me not sure is Super is one of them. all I need is a way to convert mp4 to divx and it will go on an SD card. I used Pazera which is free and I was able to get my video to work perfectly on the computer's media player but it wont work on the Pioneer. so I was wondering if notch07 found another way to do it with a free converter. yeah everyone is trying to be cheap in this economy including me ^_^ again thanks for the reply :cool:

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Super is also free. And its easy to use. And I'm not sure about Me. I didn't know that anyone was still using Me.

11. Riku

Riku New Member

thank you very much for the advice. the first time I looked i didn't saw the word "free" cause they have one huuuge page. it says it does work with windows Me and I downloaded it and seemed to get everything, but when I'm ready to start converting I click the "Encode (Active Files)" button and the window just dissappears. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong..

12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Yes, there is a problem. It started with the last two versions of Super. And they posted a fix. I just don't remember where to find it.

I'm looking for it.

13. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

OK the fix is simple. Open Super and right click any where in the Super program. You'll get a dialog box with lots of options. Click on "use the older validation procedure" It should have a check mark next to it.

Attached Files:

14. Riku

Riku New Member

How To Convert mp4 To DivX / Pioneer Format

never mind. a while back I figured how to convert mp4 videos to work on the pioneer with pazeera which is a free program and it works with windows ME. download pazeera from CNET. when you're ready, the settings will be: select "AVI" then select "DivX3 lowmotion" then the other 2 settings should be on "auto" and that's it, click the button to start converting. also if you leave the output folder as default then I think it will be the same folder as where the original file is located.

15. giligoulu

giligoulu New Member

Hi all, I have the AVH-P2300DVD and i'm having trouble playing videos through the USB. I've tried Super, Pazera, and DivX Plus Converter and none of them work. The divx file converted from DivX Plus Converter actually played the audio track but not the video. Can someone point me to the right direction?

I'm converting MTVs in MP4 downloaded from Youtube.

Thanks!

Eric