need help please

Discussion in 'DVD Navigation, Video and Mobile Media' started by boogyman1313, Aug 6, 2011.

1. boogyman1313

boogyman1313 New Member

well i am dumb as hell when it comes to this stuff i just bought a kenwood kvt 516 and i was looking at it why is there only one out for the subs and what do i need to hook my subs up to this sorry if this has been posted and or beatin to death but i need yalls help thanks in advance

2. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

all you need is 1 sub out on a radio, just use one set of RCA cables and stretch them through your car to the "input" of your amplifier (white and red rca holes) let me know if you need further explanation/guidance...

3. boogyman1313

boogyman1313 New Member

no that is great thank you very much one more question do i need to hook up the parking brake wire and if not will it effect anything also if i do not hook it up will this allow me to watch dvds while driving well not me the kids

4. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

if you are going to be using one of the video outs to stretch over to another screen (behind you, assuming you have another screen) you can try connecting the wire intended to be on the parking brake to the ground wire of the radio (black wire) see if that works, on some of the previous model screens you were able to pull that trick off, now with these newer models they found a way not to let that work, sooo you can look into doing a relay bypass (includes a 4 or 5 pin relay, you can buy at autozone etc) or.... what i did with my double-din screen i got a switch, when the radio comes up with the warning message saying you cant view stuff while in motion i just flip the switch and that bypasses it..... but id try doing the parking brake wire to the ground (black wire) first and see if that works

5. boogyman1313

boogyman1313 New Member

right now no i dont have any other screens im just saying what if i dont hook up the parking break wire what is that going to effect if anything at all

6. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

if you dont hook up the parking brake wire (from radio) to antyhing you'll just have no video capabilities on your radio.... that wire has to be hooked up to a parkign brake, or if you wanna do a bypass you can do that as well... like i said earlier, parking brake wire (from car) to ground wire (black wire)