Looking for HELP in Tx.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wesco08, Feb 15, 2009.

1. wesco08

wesco08 New Member

Whats up guys? I am new to the site and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do. I have an '08 Chevrolet 2500 HD Z71 Crew Cab. I have lifted it and have it looking the way I want it to. Now it's time for the audio. I have typically used probox with 10"s in my last crew cabs. I am just not impressed and I really want this truck to hit!!! It looks like the only way I am going to achieve that is by doing a cab-thru. Does anyone have a better idea? Also does anybody know of a reputable installer in the Dallas/Ft Worth area? I have always been a fan of Orion, but I have not been in "the game" for quite a while. What are some of the hot products out there that I should look at? I know I am asking a lot...esp being a noob! Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

welcome!!! Orion was a very good "old school" brand. Now, there are a lot better amps out there. You could either look at elemental designs or Sundown audio. they make some real good amps.

If you want crazy bass then you'll have to do a cab-thru. Have you ever done DIY? maybe you should make a projuect out of it.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

a blow thru will deff get you the bass you want.

power bass amps are pretty darn good too, but for the money ED makes a damn powerful amp. the nine.1 can do over 1500 watts and its only 295 bucks.

power acoustik makes a good powerful amp in the under $200 range.

i used to have a probox for a kicker L5 and L7 10in sub. it was the single hatch super bass box. that thing got mighty loud with only 1 sub in it.