I Make Mistakes

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by Ranger SVO, May 19, 2007.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Back in November, I replaced an amp in my truck. I made the remark that it did not sound right

http://www.caraudiotalk.com/audio-forum/showthread.php?t=3938 ( check out posts #3 and #4)

Well, today I decided to go over my install, and guess what I found. The left door speaker was hooked up out of phase.

Its amazing what switching just one + and - speaker wire at the amp will do to the sound. But it sounds like its supposed to now.The difference is amazing

I always say that the speaker needs to be mounted solid, well it also needs to be hooked up right

OK Azn, you may pick on me now

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

at least you were willing to tell everyone.

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I have NEVER wired ANYTHING wrong, EVER!!!! I am Perfect!!!! I am the man!!!! HA HA!!!!
    ]

You had a screwed up soundstage!! nah nah nah nah nah!!!!!!!

I wire everything perfectly!!! and You DONT!!! HA HA!!!!

well, cept for that digital display on a tubing bender, which was on a 480 cirsuit, and i thought it was 240.....only cost the company about 2300 bucks...or that amp back in early 1997....sob smoked...POS...should have known better than to expect it to live being wired up backwartds on the power connections...

well, there was that time when I wired up a motor, and the darn thing just didnt like being run on 480 when it was wired for 208....

Ohg, and the problem with subs not hitting hard.......one out of 4 of them out of phase........who knew......jackass that wired them up needs shot....Who was that idiot?????

And the din cord that was rewired to run aftermarket changer from a stock HU...and the freekin deck took a crap.....wasnt due to the solder bridge on the DIN cord i made, I am sure of that!!!! It was just a junk radio!!!!!

4. sleeper SRT4

sleeper SRT4 Full Member

well like they all say "Everyone makes mistakes" of course if your Viking lol

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

i think i got you all beat, let me see, 3 or 4 amps burned from inadequate wiring, weak grounds, clipping, setting gain too high then boosting it more through the deck, subs: 6-8 my bad lol, decks, a couple, screwing around with the connections with power on. cars, i've been lucky, there's more just can't think of them right now, but i do learn from my mistakes lol the hard way.

6. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

viking IS the mistake
    rofl

congrats on the fix ranger!

7. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Caddy! You basterd!!!! Why dont you go back in the hole you have been hiding in !!!! HE HE!!!!!

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

LOL, only comes out to thrash a little, then back to the den. Poor viking, everyone picks on him haha. Better be good to him or he will get you in audio heaven. He will make you listen to opera through a kmart system for eternity.

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol...Ranger lol wow. I've done that before. Reading that gave me a good laugh. I don't think I've ever wired anything out of phase....yet

10. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I just can not believe that I let it go for 7 months. I was strange because it sounded good, but the soundstage wasn't right. I think I know why it happened

Because I am a picky b!tch, I insisted on factory ford connectors

[​IMG]

So I soldered some on my Polks

[​IMG]

Then I soldered connectors on the new wires, I wonder if I got it reversed at the connector

11. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

mmm polk, good for the soul but even better for the ears:)

12. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

especially when they are wired correctly.

Now they sound like the Polk Audio speakers that I have grow to love

13. sl0wm03

sl0wm03 Full Member

I guess it's ok.. that your not PERFECT... like VIKING, ha yea right..
    But you've done better, a couple of errors here and there are fixable most of the time.

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

At least you told us about it. Most people around here would have admitted their mistake. That kind of stuff is allowed every once in a while. the important thing is that it's fixed now.