help with components

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by tepa13kreeper, Mar 25, 2010.

1. tepa13kreeper

tepa13kreeper Full Member

So i started installing components on my 98 accord but my ? is were do i mount crossovers? and were should i pass the speaker wire from the door to the back?

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Goodhe choice in the Focals, they will sound nice. As for the xovers you can zip tie them to something once you have the door panel off, once they are zip tied I put silicone on the back just to keep them from bouncing around. The second place is inside the door, once you remove the speaker you can see if there is enough room to place them inside the door, just make sure the window does not hit it when they roll down. Also put som electrical tape over the speaker terminals and I have seen people put them in a plastic bag to keep them dry. As for the speaker wire, there is a rubber conduit on the front of the door where the factory wires run through, thats where you want to put the wire through. You can put a close hanger through the front and then push it through, then tie the speaker wire on the end of the hanger and pull it through the conduit then just pull it further and hook it to the HU.

3. tepa13kreeper

does anyone have any pictures were they mounted their crossovers?

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Did you remove your door panels? There should be enough room in between the panel and the door. Also remove your speaker and just set the crossover inside and see if there is enough room in there.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

fstrfvo gave some good advice. Another place you could put the crossovers is in the kick panels if you have the room for them. that's what i did with mine before.

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

mine are in the door, but in the kick works too.

there is no set place to where they need to go, just put them where they will fit and not get wet or interfere with any moving parts.

7. tepa13kreeper

lol i see alot of you guys are local i need some one to do my install

8. tepa13kreeper

were would be the best local place to get a box build for 2 audioque hdc3 10's im located in South Gate Ca

9. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

The guy that did our custom ones is doing side jobs now... We can get you a quote... Sealed, ported, and bandpass.

10. tepa13kreeper

coo.. hmmm dont know what would sound better? i guess ported

11. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Competition soundworks, they are one of the best in the country. I think they are in Cerritos but I could be wrong. Look them up. If you read car audio mags you have seen some of their installs.

12. tepa13kreeper

is it this one?

http://www.teamcsw.com/

not sure if i could post link ??

13. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

ok I lied they are in Artesia 11405 Artesia blvd 562-809-3336 www.teamcsw.com, they can do anything you need and they do it right the first time.

14. tepa13kreeper

alright thanks. im going to give them a call tomorrow to get a quote

15. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

They did my tbird install, lets say they are not cheap but when they are done it sounds awesome and its done right. These guys are really good.

16. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

they are expensive... this guy will charge you about 400 for a full custom job where when you open your trunk it will be a face then pexi where you see the subs and ported through rear deck or through backseat he does awesome work... did my brothers f150 and his bmw with the w7's... he calls the companies and talks it up with a rep to get you the most out of the subs...

17. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Yes they are somewhat expensive, but the results speak for themselves, you will not be disappointed with the sound quality, they are awesome at what they do.

18. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

the shop he works for is a focal retailer... and he has done so many insane installs. its one guy that does these things. and weve taking my brothers truck to the ground shaker shop where they make custom boxes and they said that his truck produced the best sound quality they had ever heard.
    http://www.caraudiotalk.com/audio-forum/showthread.php?t=5864&page=6

19. tepa13kreeper

hook me up wit a quote for both 10s

20. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

What is the name of the shop Jay?