Good Audio Magazine?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by seanicasia, Oct 19, 2006.

1. seanicasia

seanicasia New Member

Hi,

I'm new to all these, but I'm really keen to know what kind of good car audio systems there are out in the market.

Is there any kind of car audio magazine that you guys subscribe to that is really useful?

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I dont read any car audio magazines, i am beyond that really... i find the reviews biased, paid for and one sided.........they mean nothing to me. kind of like my ex......was fun for a while, but got old and boring, and fat........

I find that ones own experience in the realm of car audio is far more educating and more reliable than any cheesy car audio magazine.......they can all bite me really....let YOUR ears tell you what is the best, not wha some half educated idoit thinks sounds good and performs well........

Just my 2 coppers on the subject

3. TheViking

I see, you are still on line here, but DO NOT reply.....Ask me what I think of hitler, or even the KKK and the latest suborbital telecommunications satelite that they talk to.......Heck, what do you want to know really? the best sub? the best box? the best tweeter? the best amp????????????? we will Tell you whaT IS THE BEST IN OUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!DAMN THAT CAPS LOCK BUTTON!!! i AM NOT YELLING, JUST TOO DAMMED LAZY TO PUSH THE BUTTON!!!!!!!

4. TheViking

HEY SEAN!!! you like ice cubes?????

5. clipser-gs-t

clipser-gs-t Full Member

[​IMG]

By the way, to answer your question...Car Audio and Electronics.

6. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

i like performance auto and sound
    oh by the way HEY Clipser nice signature picture by the way lol

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Haha wow clipser...where the fuk do you get those pics???

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Mobile Electronics

Car Audio & Electronics

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i know really those things are soo damb funny.

oh viking igot the ice cube thing..LOL.

I'M YELLING AND I DONT KNOW WHY !LOL

10. pedro quiroga

you know i'd like to see an audio mag that has practical installs.these days its all a/v overkill.

i mean really who needs 24 t/vs in thier car. i remember back in the day when the regular mags had everyday sq installs and some killer demo setups.hell now its all just....overkill.

i'm babbleing.i'll just go back in my hole now.LOL

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well I do suggest car audio & electronics also.

I have an old one that shows you have to make a center consol sub box

12. TheViking

car audio and electronics can blow my monkey..that magaizine is about worthless in my opinion.... money is better spent on a 3rd class french whore that has a clock radio that sounds good and she wants to tell you about it while you nail her in the butt.....

13. Eclipsed

Eclipsed Full Member

I have a truck magazine that shows that too....

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice...in my mag they showed how to do it in a Honda Element

Yours clipse?

15. pedro quiroga

man i just got rid of all my old car audio mags.like 12 years worth.from 90 to 2002.

car audio
    car stereo review
    mini truckin
    truckin
    and various others

16. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

You can get some really good ideas from these magazines. Yes, Car Audio and Electronics has gone overboard. I read the tech section, look at the pictures and throw it away. The reveiws are a joke. Remember who pays for all the adds in the mag. I have NEVER seen a bad reveiw. But I still get a lot of good ideas from the mag. And sometimes there is a good "How To".

Mobile Electronics is geared toward Businesses and is more useful for those of us in the business.

But reading makes us think. So pick up a mag and read.

17. audio_bird

audio_bird Full Member

18. aitkenkingfish

aitkenkingfish Full Member

I agree with Pedro what happened to the audiophilia part of it. Hello it's about sound quality not quantity.

19. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

One of the coolest installs I ever saw was in Car Audio and Electronics...Probably 8 years ago or so.....I think the guys name was Irving Fung and he had a BMW.....He had a nice HU and front seperates were done. They paid close attention to placement and angles.....He had a set of rear separates and in the back seat behind the outer arm rest pockets they made small enclosures to house an 8" sub in each....Then in the trunk they did a couple of 12"s and put a nice little amp rack....It was not outrageous in any way....It was pure audio and they went for SQ first....I know it had decent power (not a bazillion watts) and I bet it cranked......

Of course not long after that, they featured Shak's VAN OF DEAF (or some crap like that) now who in the hell needs 8 15" subs mounted in a bulkhead that is less than two feet behind the driver???

Another cool install was a guy with a Ford Bronco....He had a nice enclosure with two 12's in the back and the front speakers were 6.5" coaxials mounted in custom enclosures in the kick panels....It won quite a few shows.....Simple, but covering all of the audio bases......It is no different than "Pimp my Ride"....I love to see the workmanship, but it gets rediculas...

Probabably one of the craziest I have seen is a guy who did a demo vehicle for streetwires (I think) in a dodge ram pickup.....He actually put a damn fish tank in front of the radiator with all of the distro and everything under water to show it was waterproof......A plexiglass steering wheel he spent 40 hours on fabricating.....I dunno.....Just give me plain simple audio stuff that covers all the freq. bases...good clean install and pictures of the steps taken to get from start to finish....show me the budget on components and install....

Willy