Electrical Issues with new system

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by afcopham1, Jun 5, 2013.

1. afcopham1

afcopham1 New Member

Hey, I'm having some electrical issues with my new install, I'm hoping someone can give me some good advice.

I drive a 2004 acura tsx w/technology pacakge. (nav). I removed the factory amp and ran the signal straight back to an audiocontrol LC6i. From their the signal goes to two ampliphers. An Alphasonik PMA600F that provides 150 watts at 4 ohms to components in each door and an Alphasonik PMA1300DF that pushes 1300 watts 1 ohm mono to a single 12. Currently I have the stock battery and alternator. I ran 1 gauge stinger cable from the batter back to a 5 farad stinger hybrid capacitor. The 8 gauge from the cap to the amps. The capacitor is grounded with stinger 1 gauge and the amps with stinger 8 gauge. Everything seems to be solid and the system sounds great.

The problem is, when the mono amp is installed, I have electrical issues, the car somtimes does not have power at all, the interior lights dim and the navigation system will randomly shut off and restart. I can't figure out what's going on, 5 farads should be plenty for an under 2,000 watt system.

I'm willing to try almost anything but replacing the alternator would be last resort.

thanks