Does my Tahoe have remote start??????

Discussion in 'Car Alarm, Remote Start and other Accessories.' started by ricardo2, Aug 30, 2010.

1. ricardo2

ricardo2 New Member

Hi all, i just bought a 2007 chev tahoe LT. The remote has buttons for lock, unlock, gate unlock, and a button near the top with a symbol of an arrow in a circle which I assume is meaning - to turn the engine over? The used car dealer seemed to think the truck has remote start...but he couldn't get it to function, I bought the rig anyway since I liked it so much! Should I assume because this arrow button is on the remote that the truck has remote start? If so, why doesn't it start when I press the button? All the other buttons work.

thanks all!!
    ricardo

2. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

It may have been an option and they didn't want to make two different keypads?

Just a guess though, LOL.

3. DMP

DMP Full Member

What kind of remote is it? Factory aftermarket?

4. ricardo2

ricardo2 New Member

I think it's factory. There are no brand names on it. The truck does not seem rigged with after market stuff, there's no antenna in the windshield like you might see on an after market starter. The truck's fully loaded so it's conceivable that there's a remote starter in it. Any other way to tell?

5. DMP

DMP Full Member

Even if its a factory remote, it can still have a remote starter. Theres aftermarket remote starter add on's that just add on and you use your factory remote to start it. Usually it would be....lock, unlock, lock.....or maybe lock, lock, lock to start. And these types of systems dont have antennas.

Maybe the button on the remote is for "panic" for the factory alarm? :confused:

6. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

hit lock. then hold the circular arrow on top for a few seconds. the lights on the car will light up. let go and it will start. it says it on the back of the remote too

7. ricardo2

ricardo2 New Member

jonnyv713 your awsome, it worked like a charm. I tried most everything except this combination of buttons!!!

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

My family is hardcore GM fans so we have had one or two of those systems ;)