Can I disable my car's bluetooth

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Rick Altman, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Rick Altman

Rick Altman New Member

Hello, my 2011 Mazda 3 was the victim of bad timing, as it was introduced during the adolescence of Bluetooth and phone integration. I solved that problem with a JVC double-din replacement head end. It installed great, performs great, my Android phone loves it, and my car is much smarter for it.

But it's still a bit dumb. Whenever I start the car, the original BT source still tries to connect with my phone. I have long since removed the device from my phone, but it's as if the Mazda BT is in permanent discovery mode, pinging my phone to connect with every ignition turnover. It doesn't matter how I answer -- cancel or pair -- my phone will not connect to it and yet will try again the next time I start the car.

Any ideas what is going on here? And how I might be able to tell my car's native BT to just chill out and go to sleep?

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

2. Hanselman

Hanselman New Member

It should be in the car manual. That's where I found the information about my car's BT when I've had issues with it. Did you check there?