Nav Looks Factory

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Ranger SVO, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

If you have a Chrysler/Dodge that has an available factory nav option and you have the stock radio, dont worry.

Go to the dealer and order the correct trim or in this case the correct bessel. Transfer a couple of things and your there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This 05 300 is a base model. The Pioneer AVIC D2 looks like it belongs there.

2. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

Wow looks very stock. What color was your original bessel?

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The First Picture shows the original parts in the trunk, the stock radio is in the AVIC box. The car can be returned to stock in about 45 minutes

The original bessel has a pocket in it, the nav bessel (no Pocket) moves the Heater/AC controls lower to make room for the Nav Radio. The mounts for the Nav are already in the car.

All you need is the ISO mount brackets, available from Metra for the AVIC (a little research goes a long way) Also, this car has no ignition line behind the radio. I used a Peripheral Data adapter (I DONT run ignition lines, not a bright idea) to provide me with an ignition line.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Sweet, very clean.

5. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

i must agree
    a very clean install
    i should have you build me a double din fit kit for my lac seen how they do not make one...

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

very nice ranger

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Hey Ranger was wondering how that dual subwoofer box you built with the huge port turned out.

8. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Actually, I dont know. The customer paid for it, picked it up and said that he was gonna install it. That was a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, our shop is supposed to have a non-sanctioned Crank It Up in May. If its before finals, I won't be there, but if its after I'll see many of my boxes.