New Amp (change is good)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Ranger SVO, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

My internet has been down since last Tuesday, I have not been ignoring ya'll

Anyway my KAC 714 died and Saturday I installed my new amp. I also took out my KAC 626

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm way to busy this semester, but I will build a cover board soon.

Made one other change, Replace the KDC X617 with a KDC MP8017, they look alike only one plays MP3 CD's

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice Ranger, glad you're liking the new amp

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Wondered what happened to ya!

well? how does it sound compared to your older set up?

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Different, but I'm not sure how to discribe it. It seems to be a little brighter. I'll have to listen to it for a few more days, with different music (today was Alabama, tomorrow The Offspring) before I decide if I need to make any changes.

Overall it sounds great, just not the same. Thats why I'm gonna give it a week or two before I decide if I want to change anything.

And talk about engine noise, I had engine noise, it was loud. Used all the same RCA's the same Grounds. Whats up with that?????????????????

I found the problem, but I still dont get it. Had to run an 18-ga wire from the chassis of the HU to the chassis of the amp. Noise is completely gone. Still don't see what was different. Hate noise, took me 45-minutes to figure out where the problem was.

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Good ol ground loop!!!!! the new amp must have a different design on its input section. i ALWAYS run a 18 gauge wire for a ground for the deck back in the day.....

Glad its workin good for ya. Its interesting how amps can sound different, when really, you dont want them to have a :"sound" at all!!!