old pioneer gm-3000

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by jarvis jones, Sep 28, 2006.

1. jarvis jones

jarvis jones New Member

:confused: I got this amp from a guy I used to work with but is not there anymore. so I am hooking it up but there is no marked remote power wire but there is a plug that has two leads (red & blue) coming out of it and the battery connection says "battery backup" so rather than fry the amp or my sub I thought I should ask someone who might know where to connect my remote power supply and what that plug in the center of the hookup face is for. So if nebody is a pioneer whiz plz let me know. thanks

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

That is an old amp but your talking to an old installer. The blue wire of the two pin plug, is of course the remote wire. The red wire of the two pin plug goes to an Acc source in your car. You can connect it to the same red wire on your HU.

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

this man speaks the truth, dealt with alot of them myself, just be sure to keep the coal in the firebox, those things need alot of steam to stay running!!!!

4. jarvis jones

jarvis jones New Member

Hey, thanks a lot guys. I thought maybe I would not be able to get anywhere with this since it is such an old piece. Maybe I should donate it to a museum instead of pulling it out of retirement...lol. But seriously, guys I really appreciate the help. If you ever need any acad drawings done feel free to email me at seismic_drift@yahoo.com.:)