Two Towers 3 IB3 18's per tower, 20" port, 120 cubic feet each, 13Hz tune

Discussion in 'Home Audio Talk' started by kryptonitewhite, Jun 27, 2010.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

I will be getting 4 06' RE Audio XXX 18's for the VAN. I'll be putting the 4 IB3 18's from the van in with the other 2 in the towers. I'll use the 20" sonotube I have left over from the van for the Two Towers, 20" off the rear of the towers, 5" sticking out, for a total length of 33" or so..give or take.. around 13Hz..give or take. 2 EP4000's run at 2.66ohm nominal but will rarely ever see that. I know I will catch static for that, but hey, this is Kryprto...what's new? Bring it...

2"x4" bracing will be added with lots of PL PRO and 3" screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kryptonitewhite

with the completion and success of the curved sealed box for the mx21 give away... I am pouting, trying to figure out a way to modify my van and two towers to accomodate 21's. But the van is bullet proof. If a nuke went off in my van, if anything survived, it would be the wall. If only I could have gotten that price offering back in feb/march!

Any ideas? I don't think it's feasable. I know how I could have made 4 fit in the van from scratch, but I just cant see making them go now.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1238601&page=17

3. kryptonitewhite

my wall is 56" wide x 47" tall

I could have made 2"x6" framing and 2 walls, each housing two 21"MXs...rather a 10" wide by 47" tall slot port down the center of a 56"x47" wall

I got offered a KILLER price on 6 21" Maelstrom-X's that would make me scrap 6 RE Audio 06' XXX 18's instantly, if I were able to put them in my wall. Why couldnt I have gottwn that offer back before I started my build and I was negotiating???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]