mb quart help

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by chrisacura, Mar 8, 2010.

1. chrisacura

chrisacura New Member

I have a pair of MB quart q series QSD-216 6.5" component speakers and a pair of QSD-213 5.25" component speakers. I would like to mount them in my 93 lexus sc300 in custome enclosures. The current speakers are 4" stock ones in a plastic enclosure. I would like to replace the plastic enclosure with a custom one made of MDF. I cannot find the enclosure specs or dimensions anywhere. I have tried MB Quarts support page but they will not respond to my emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Is there any way to increase the size of the stock openings or can the plastic enclosures be removed? Those speakers do not require much airspace since they do not move much, unlike subwoofers. Just make sure they are mounted solidly

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ditch the plastic enclosures IMO. i'm assuming that these speakers are in your doors? use the door as your enclosure. put some sound dampening in the inside of the door to get better sound.

As far as fitting bigger speakers in smaller holes. just use or make a MDF spacer ring and screw it into the door so the speaker will fit. pretty simple as long as you have the clearance space to play with. that's what i did with my expedition before. but i was fitting a 6.5" speaker into a 5x7 hole but the concept is the same. you should have any problems as long as the magnet will fit in the 4" hole.