My Wifes New Car

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Ranger SVO, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, something simple.

[​IMG]

What to Do?? What to Do??

I'm gonna add cruise control to it tomorrow.

2. Vines

Vines Full Member

Do an old skool system!!:)

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

woooo! two thumbs up for toyota :)

do something simple...like wall it. lmao

4. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

lol:lol: A little more work than what I want to do.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

simple huh?...... 4ch amp, comp set up front. 6.5 sub in back. very simple.

6. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Cruise Control is in and working, car is pre-wired for cruise. All I needed was the factory handle and connecting wire. Found it on E-Bay for 12.00 and 17.00 shipping. The dealer wanted 110 for the cruise handle and 30 for the connecting wire.

Simple, thats what I'm thinking

7. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

or that and a new Sundown 8".

8. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

I don't know, something simple sounds awesome but i am very conflicted with you buying a toyota :confused:

9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

First, Yaris is not on the recall list. And the news media always blows things out of proportion. Now, I'm sure there is a problem and Toyota should have responded faster but Toyota is still one of the most reliable cars on the road today.

Also, I will never buy a GM or a Chrysler. They took government money. So the only thing left (for me anyway) is Ford, Honda and Toyota.

10. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

american cars have many more recalls than toyota ever will. they just blow the toyota recall up so people want to buy domestic cars again. they were just waiting for the first reason they could find to make toyota look bad.

11. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

My wife might settle on a Pioneer FHP 8000BT, she really wants something with Bluetooth.

All the reveiws I've read have been good.

Attached Files:

12. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I absolutely love that hu. It was one of the options for the vette but went with a touchscreen instead.

13. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

lol, it has nothing to do with the economy gm v ford or all that crap, it's cause I used to work for them and had a falling out.

Anyway, no more thread jacking, I like that H/U a lot, going to go into detail about the plans, we all know your like the mad scientist waiting to get your hands on a new subject for an experiment:D

14. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Just bought that HU, Maybe I'll install it this weekend.

15. grace

grace Guest

lol,cool! I want a car too. And heard from my friends toyota is great. They are two thumbs up for toyota . Do you have another good idea?

16. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

Please let us know how you like that HU when you get it in.

I'm on the verge of buying that HU myself!

17. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Bottom line.....all cars are junk and do nothing but cost you money, just some more than others.

Ya Ranger simple is always a good way to go. I am sure the factory electrical system in that thing doesnt have a whole lotta headroom. A set of components in the front and a small sub in back would be ideal. Might even try a 2 channel amp and run all passives...

18. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I think I'll bring you up to speed

First, I added tweeters with my own, homemade crossovers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This really helped out the sound, now it seems like its right there in my face. I love it.

Next it was time for the subwoofer. I'm a SQ dude, so a sealed box has awesome transients and really super good overall performance.

[​IMG]
    PLEASE note the double layer baffle board. Nothing like two pieces of 3/4-inch mdf glued together

[​IMG]

Why downfire? it loads the woofer and improves low frequency performance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This subwoofer has a 200-watt RMS rating. So I figured an amp with a 300-watt RMS Rating is a perfect match.

[​IMG]

See I work backwards, it really sounds good with the stock radio. It should really improve with the aftermarket

I chose this radio because it has USB and built in Bluetooth. I have Bluetooth in my truck and its an awesome add on. Hands free phone plus you can stream music from your phone via the bluetooth. Its awesome.

The radio won't go in until next weekend. I was not able to pick up the kit today. I'll pick it up Monday

So Viking, you've been brought up to date.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  19. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

LOL! I am old and drunk...thats MY excuse!

20. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Well, I got the radio in. Its a little complicated and difficult to figure out but I did figure it out.

Bluetooth pairing is seamless. As soon as I figured out how to start it, it worked and worked well. Even the phonebook was downloaded automatically. It went MUCH smoother than my Alpine.

[​IMG]

I put the mic next to the remote start antenna and it seems to work well there.

[​IMG]

I need to play with the radio a little more but so far I do like it. I connected the Yaris Factory AUX plug to the Pioneer and dropped the USB Cable under the center console for now. I'll put the Ipod in it later.