Looks like I need replacement....

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Mackinback, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Mackinback

Mackinback New Member

Hey everybody..

I recently purchased a new (to me) car.. Chrysler 300c SRT8.. I had my old system waiting to be put in.. All was working when I removed it from my old car.. And it was working fine in the SRT except there was a code thrown and I would get a funky shut-off when taking the key out.. But to make a long story short the amp is bad.. At least that is what the audio store told me. I have not been able to test the components myself yet.. But was looking as possible replacements anyways.. The old system consisted of 2 MTX 8000 12' subs.. A Rockford Fosgate bd1500 amp and a 1 farad cap. Nothing fancy of course. So I guess I would say I am leaning more towards Fosgate (and suggestions of course). But I wanted to stick around 1500watts. Seeing as my equipment is so old I haven't a clue what is out there. Doing a little looking around myself but not looking to drop a lot on this.

Thanks for the help,

MacK

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

WELCOME!!!

you may want to take a look at the Elemental Designs NINe.1 which will do 1500 watts cuz they are underrated. You may also want to take a look at a sundown SAZ-1500 again, both are very solid amps! you'll be surprised what they can do.

Both are great amps and a lot lesser then a RF amp.

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I would also go with the eD niNe.1

4. Mackinback

Mackinback New Member

I will be sure to check Elemental Designs and see what they have to offer.

Thanks

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

how do you know the amp is bad?