2000 Ford Tauraus Cd player

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by craigmb, Feb 27, 2009.

1. craigmb

craigmb Full Member

am having a difficult time finding Cd Players with the same hook ups that a 2000 ford taurus has..How would i find a cd player that will hook up in mine

I Have A dash,And you can take the cd player out of the dash tp put in another one,But I Cant FInd One that will hook up to the kinda hook up's i;ve got.I need one that has Rca Inputs in them ..the one in there now dont.any idea?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you can buy a harness. you can look in best buy or crutchfield online.

3. craigmb

craigmb Full Member

so how do u use a harness cut the wires on my car now andand hook the new harness up to the wires and hook it to the new cd playerS?...how would i know that harness would fit the cd player i will buy?

4. pedro quiroga

Attached Files:

5. pedro quiroga

for the dash kit i would look elsewhere first.

6. craigmb

craigmb Full Member

Yea i called crutchfeild..They priced everything i need for 139$ so i'll probally do crutchfield then.i apreciate you man

7. pedro quiroga

you should look online you could save a few bucks

8. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

scosche products from wal-mart are decent, i've worked with that stuff alot for budget systems and i cant complain on any of it.

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

$139?!? that outrageous!!! go to walmart.

10. pedro quiroga

walmart wont have the dash fit. for that you should look online but not crutchfield. maybe as a last resort.

11. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

We got all th integration stuff for the Vette from Metra. Very reasonable prices from who we bought from.

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

oh ya you're right i forgot about the oval.

13. craigmb

craigmb Full Member

well i have very little knowledge on all this.And crutchfeild is the people that has everything that i am looking for.and all i needed to do is tell them the car make and and model and year..This has been so confusing the last few days.I' appreciate you guys though

heres what they offered

Clarion built the DB285USB CD receiver
    the dash kit and everything to hook it up with

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009