MB Quart did I get took?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by SMH, Dec 11, 2008.

1. SMH

SMH Full Member

I went to audio place with intentions of buying 6X9. The guy talked me into these.
    MB Quart
    Set DAU213 for front
    Set RUA216 for rear

He had a good sales pitch. I hope I didnt get taken.
    I paid about $260 for all.

Is that a good price?
    Are these good speakers?
    I have no experience with them.

2. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

To be honest, i dont know that many people will have experiance with em! lol ive never heard of thier car line, but i do know that mb makes ok marine audio, but not my first choice for boat audio either... ill see what i can find on the net about them.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Quart are pretty good. Back in the day they used to be real good speakers.

MB quart are nothing special now but they have pretty good sound. My only question would be why would the salesman sell you two sets of component speakers? you really need only one set for the front and some coax speakers for the rear.

Price seems fair, may be a little high but you bought from a car audio shop so the prices would be higher then getting them from the internet.

4. SMH

SMH Full Member

Not sure why he said it would work good. I guess I shouldnt have bought them.

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

sounds as though you have buyers remorse. take back one set and get those 6x9's youve been asking about.

6. SMH

SMH Full Member

Probably will

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

it ok though, i just think it's a little overkill to have components in the rear but ii know people that did that. im taking those speakers are 5 1/4"? you won't get a whole lot of mid bass from them but they will sound good. MB quart are still good speakers.

8. SMH

SMH Full Member

I took one set back and got some Kenwood 6 1/2 for the back. They had some hooked up and I liked them.

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

6 1/2' will get better mid bass. And if you like the kenwoods then that is what is important. how much were they?

10. SMH

SMH Full Member

They were $110 I looked them up and they are $119 at crutchfield. I know Crutchfield is not cheap but it gives me a price to start at.