hifonics 2000 rms amp mysterious question

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by psycho_maniac, Jul 11, 2008.

1. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

im curious why the 2000 rms hifonics amp does not have any fuses in the amp. the 16000 rms amp has fuses but the 2000 does not. any reason why? im thinking about getting another 2006d hifonics amp but im wondering why my amp fried in the first place. i do have a fuse before the amp and after the battery if i had fuses in the amp (which there is no way of doing this unless your an electrician) would it of not fried? what happened was my terminal got lose and touched the pos and neg of the sub. i might be able to get mine fixed or ill just spend the money on a new amp with a TWO year warranty. my amp fried 16 days after the ONE year warranty.

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

they're designed to do that.... just kidding. a fuse on a wire is designed to protect the wire not the amp. im sure the fuse and your wire exceeds the ratings of the amp so they wont necessarily help. thats all i have haha sorry. i dont know much about hifonics.

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's a good question. I just looked at the BXi2008D and BXi2608D and there are no pics of fuses in their amps. Hmmm, don't know what to say...

4. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

when you guys say "in" do you mean internal or external fuses?

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

good question. the fuses may be inside the amp. Hifonics used to have external fuses. maybe they just designed it now to be internal fuses. won't know unless you open one up or see if ampguts has the new models of Hifonics their.

6. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

thats what i was gonna get at. maybe they're internal. even my crappy little jensen that i blew up had a fuse.

7. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Some of the hifonics amps don't have fuses...in the manual it says to fuse the power supply before the amp with an external fuse.

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

my nine.5 does not have any fuses either. weird cause their other amps do.

best believe i have a 150 amp anl 4in from the amp.