Looking for decent 5-1/4" (5.25)

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by BarefootPanda, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BarefootPanda

BarefootPanda New Member

I just bought a 2003 Audi A4 with the standard Audi Symphony system and it's pretty good, but I'm looking for a bit more for not a lot of money. I like factory head units mostly because I think every other head unit I've seen is horribly ugly and never matches the rest of the interior so that's staying.

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers to the Infinity Reference 5022i line. They are from $65-110 a pair. Has anyone used these and what is your experience?

I'm also thinking of doing the standard Dynamat speaker kit install on all 4 5.25" speakers (one in each door.) Anyone think that's worth it? They are $25 per pair so that adds another $50.

Please share your thoughts and if you have them a better recommendation. I'm looking to stay around $100 per pair. I have a buddy that works at Best Buy that might be able to get me a discount on anything there too so that helps.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i have a pair of infinity 4x6 plates,and really like their sound.i have a 600hz hi pass to them so no bass goes to them.

Elemental Designs
    ive heard this stuff is good.and inexpensive to boot.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Infinity is a pretty good brand, I like the sound of their highs. You may also want to take a look a CDT. They make good speakers in the same budget your looking for, I think they're about 80 bucks.